Accuracy with m4/16

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Grant2120, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Grant2120

Grant2120 New Member

I was wondering what parts would give you the most range and accuracy with an m4. I love a gun to be accurate and consistent. I do not care about a high rate of fire or high fps. Just decent with good range and accuracy.

2. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Tons of threads on this. Basically get your replica shooting a constant velocity meaning+ /- 10 fps atleast. Install Rhop with your perfered bucking (people like systemas.) Then use a high quality barrel. A prometheus barrel (non ash) is a great brand.

If you want you can take it a step furthur and use ER hop. Use heavy BBs such as .3s. If you play in dense foliage higher fps is helpful to go through brush.

Bottom line is the better tuned your replica is the better the range you will receive.

3. Grant2120

Grant2120 New Member

I have a prommy 6.03 and systema bucking on the way. I have asked this many times but no one has answered, how much improvement is r hop? How much fps is good for field play?

4. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha

The R-hop is completely dependent on how well you tune it and to what gram/brand bb you use. I think usually somewhere a around 450FPS is reasonable for field play but most fields allow a max of 400FPS so I have to tune it down to around there for public fields. Of course DMR/sniper roles will have higher ratings depending on your field.

The hop up is one of the largest factors in range and accuracy. Focus on that, read up on the R-hop, find yourself a good barrel/bucking/nub (HS5's M-nub works amazingly with the R-hop) combo (looks like you have 2/3 of that down) and find some heavier (at least .28s IMO make sure they're a good brand) bbs to roll with. Now personally I've had issues with systema buckings not performing as well over 350 FPS, but that was a long time ago, not sure if that's changed.

5. Grant2120

Grant2120 New Member

Ok thanks how much is r hop?

6. Grant2120

Grant2120 New Member

Do i need any special nub for it to work? And what kinda accuracy should i have with .25's 6.03 prommy 363mm systema bucking? Then what should it be with the r hop and nub u said? Also what would give me around 400 fps and how do you adjust yours?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012