Acetech AC6000 internal battery modification...aka Titanpower li-ions finally have a use

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by aotsukisho, Sep 13, 2021.

1. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

Full project build log is on Digital.Complex but figured I'd crosspost it here in case anyone with soldering skills wants to give it a shot.

[​IMG]
    Acetech AC6000 chrono, from what I can see it's a very popular model but it takes AAA batteries (or external USB-micro power).

[​IMG]
    Rewire the power to come from a 6v DC-DC converter (in this case, an RC hobby BEC unit) and accept any 2-3s Deans battery.

[​IMG]
    Finally these Titanpower batteries are being used as 18650 li-ions should be: a long-life, constant-drain application (and hidden from view).

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    That compartment is strangely accomodating for a 18650 cell...I wonder if they were going to do that in the beginning and then realized they "didn't" need to use such a big battery.

aotsukisho likes this.

3. OPairoft

OPairoft Active Member

Bend
    Perfect mod for my $70 best of the best titan battery.

Sarcasm obviously, but back to topic, pretty cool idea and should work good for people needing stupidly long chrono battery life.

OutlawAirsoft and aotsukisho like this.
  4. LeeSmi

LeeSmi New Member

Scottsdale
    It seems good!
    But still,
    we need to care about this battery like overcharge will reduce the capacity!!

5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    If one uses a good charger, it won't be over charged.

6. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

Regarding charging the battery, that's why I left the balance tap poking through into the easily accessible AAA battery compartment.
    [​IMG]

Low voltage cutoff is a feature on some higher end BECs. I don't think this one has any, since it was a cheap one and it doesn't list anything on its discontinued store page listing. None of the UBECs available on HK seem to have LVC so depending on the idle current you could put an alarm on the balance tap if you really wanted to - but I don't think it's worth it. I'll measure the battery SOC on Sunday to see how much a week of near idle usage consumes.

HK does have a few micro LVC/alarms available that should fit in the AAA compartment
    HK LVA 2-6s
    HK LVA 2-4s
    HK LVA 2-3s

[​IMG]
    HK Micro BEC looks promising for these types of conversions, but the 5v output will show partial battery life on the device fuel tank gauge.