ACM Oakleys Gaging Interest

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by ThompsonFTW, Oct 10, 2012.

1. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    Hey, I stumbled upon a nice find and I am wondering how interested the Airsoft community would be in ACM Oakleys. Now, before we get to the product itself there will be many that ask themselves why would I buy from him when I can just buy them myself. First reason is, I would make sure all of the packages are good to go prior to shipment from myself. This means you don't have to worry about trying to get a hold of some Asia based company. Second, I would offer a 7 day warranty. I would refund the glasses no questions asked. All you would have to do is ship them back and explain why you didn't want them. After receiving them I would refund you all of your money except the cost of shipping. Ok, on to the product.

Slight swearing. Very bad quality.

The package:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ1Yb-5tiKs&feature=vmdshb[/ame]

Testing:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDh77wA41hQ[/ame]

More testing:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vUndraIqWY[/ame]

The price would be around $50 shipped. (Looking to keep it as cheap as possible for you guys.)

What do you guys think?

2. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    I'm intrested, I don't think I'll be buying any soon, but if I do, I'll definetly go through you. Do they have UV protection? Are the polorized lenses?

3. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    I do not know if these particular lenses offer UV protection. They are not polarized. (The blackest ones almost give off the appearance that they are.)

There will be different styles available as well. (May be slightly more.)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  4. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Alright, UV doesn't really matter to me (my contacts have UV protection). Do you by chance know of any replacement lenses that are polorized? Again, not to big of a worrk, just curious.

5. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    It would appear so. (I have only bought one pair so far. If I decide to move forward with this I'll have different styles...) I'll see if I can get you a picture of a polarized style.

[​IMG]

The last pair are the pair in the video. The other two are much more polarized looking. If they truly are I am unsure.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  6. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Alright, thanks for the help, I am definetly interested in some Oakleys when I get the cash.

7. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    Sounds good. Depending on interest I may order one set of each that I like.

8. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Are they ANSI z87.1 rated?

9. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    Watch video 2 that is linked.

10. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Can't. In library on phone.
    But there are only 3 possible answers. "Yes" "No" or "Idk"

(Only one of those answers is acceptable when it pertains to eye protection)

11. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    The answer will be: These are more than durable enough for airsoft. He shot the lenses a few times with a BB gun at around 10 pumps point blank, and it was fine.

12. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    The correct answer is idk. However, the took two shots with a bb gun from point blank without being penetrated. I can not confirm if they are. That being said if you would like a certain test done to prove their durability ask and I will do it.

13. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    So, which one is it?

14. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    I meant I wouldn't deny your refund. I would be curious as to why that way I can take that into account in future orders.

15. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    I decided against this for various reasons. For those of you who want a pair I can show you the site.