Action Army Zero Trigger

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by rochestersniper, Oct 11, 2012.

1. rochestersniper

rochestersniper New Member

Hello,

I recently bought this zero trigger device. The trigger sear slid up and down, so when I installed, I had to use electrical tape to hold the bottom of the trigger sear from slipping down (Even after I cut down the trigger guard, it didn't fit). I can currently use the gun without the trigger guard this way, but obviously this is not correct. I am not sure whether or not the trigger sear isn't going in all the way or the fact that the trigger sear is only supposed to go in that much and I am required to cut in more of the trigger guard.

Ideas?

2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    What exact gun is this zero trigger going into?

3. rochestersniper

The gun is the JG Bar 10

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Can you upload pictures?

5. rochestersniper

As you can see, the trigger sear does not go in as far as it can go. I do not know whether or not it's supposed to go in further.

NOTE: I have removed the electrical tape originally holding the sear in place.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  6. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    It's supposed to go right behind the spring guide, tap it with a hammer if needed.

7. rochestersniper

Mine is right behind the spring guide and everything shoots fine, but I don't know if that sear is supposed to stick out so much. Maybe it's supposed to go in further?

8. mactruck

mactruck New Member

Cool mine 2 awesome really

9. rochestersniper

I finally had some time to work on my AA trigger. I hammered the sear all the way in, but it's so tightly stuck in the spring guide stopper that I can't pull the cylinder back. I can't even take the sear itself out now (after various methods of trying to pull it out). Any suggestions on getting this thing out?`

10. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Insert a metal bar, ie screw driver, allen key etc etc, into that hole on the bottom of the spring guide sear, pull it out or hammer it out.

11. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    How did this post help the OP?

12. rochestersniper

I inserted an allen key in the hole and tried various methods of pulling - even pressing the receiver down with my foot to allow more pressure to pulling it out, but to no avail. The sear didn't even budge. Would WD40 help with this?

13. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    If I remember right WD40 isn't the best thing to use on an airsoft gun.

14. rochestersniper

Well the silicon lube I had didn't do much. I'm probably going to need something with penetrative abilities to get it out. My stupidity however, for not filing the stopper before hammering it in. I'll need some more ideas, otherwise, I see WD40 as the only option.

15. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    I am unsure, I dont know much bout sniper rifles. But WD40 and rubber dont get along.

16. rochestersniper

So I made sure everything was out of the way (only cylinder and stuck trigger left) before spraying some WD40 Specialized Penetration solution, which greatly helped in removing the trigger sear. After that, I thoroughly cleaned both components to remove the WD40.

I still had the problem of not being able to push the sear all the way in (it was easier now, but would still get stuck from time to time), but eventually the sear ate its way in. So finally, problem solved. The spring is so much easier to pull - probably due to the sear being angled correctly all the way in now.

17. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    Congrats :) Good thinking pulling all that out before spraying. Feel free to continue to use the forums to your advantage :D ( I did ;) )