Acu vs woodland

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Devgru98, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Which will blend better in a woodland environment? I know the anwser but I still haven't convinced my friend he says he carries the advantage indoors but when I'm 20 ft from someone I know they would see me if I'm in the open if I'm wearing ACU or woodland. So would someone give their opinion or links to help me? Thanks

2. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    -__- woodland camo sorta implies that it works well in a woodland environment, no? Who would name a camo woodland if it wasn't meant for wooded areas. ACU better? ACU is practically desert MARPAT... It's tan, brown, and grey. None of which are a woodland environment except for brown. And brown is on the minority in ACU. Woodland uses green, brown, and black. Colors commonly found in the woods. In CQB, camo doesn't really do anything. It's CQB, you're not going to hide from someone who's 2 ft away from you in some bushes. It's fast paced, so concealment is pretty pointless.

3. SnakeEater

SnakeEater New Member

Berezka works well in the woods.

Attached Files:

4. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

ABU is a little darker than ACU. Both are made for this wars desert/urban areas. Woodland/EDRL was made for Vietnam and so was tiger stripe. Both worked flawlessly. If you want to know what blends in just look online at what county wore what in where.

Ex: Afghanistan War::camo:: multicam(OCP), UCP-Delta, Atacs AU, ACU and ABU.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  5. SnakeEater

SnakeEater New Member

Tiger stripe is a very good camouflage, it's my personal favorite for woodland.

6. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

I wish I had a pair of them. All I have is 3 pairs of ABU. Need.Atacs.FG...

7. SnakeEater

SnakeEater New Member

Id like atacs but my rival team wears that. I stick to the old school tiger stripe, it works well in a lot of environments.

8. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    Whatever you do make sure your friend doesn't see this.

9. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Just get Multicam. We played a huge Milsim op yesterday (for my area) and we a had a 4 man SEAL team opposing us, and they were in Multicam, with facepaint. In that area, they surrendered so many people, so many times, that we just angry at the end.

10. Rifled-n-Ready

Rifled-n-Ready New Member

Duluth
    Camo type =/= Skill
    :rolleyes:

11. SnakeEater

SnakeEater New Member

Multicam is also something my rival team wears, old school stuff does just as well of a job. Doesn't matter what you're wearing, don't move a whole lot, stay low and people won't see you.

12. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    So why you're saying is, if I'm wearing ACU, in the middle of a forest, prone on the ground, completely still, no one will see me? And if I'm wearing M81 woodland in the middle of a desert, lying in the sand, prone, completely still, no one will see me? Yeah that makes sense. All that green, dark brown, and black blend in with the tan coloration of the sand very well. And vice versa. Camo is made for certain environments for a reason. Multicam doesn't do all that well in wooded areas Honeslty, it's got too much tan in it.

13. SnakeEater

SnakeEater New Member

Well don't be wearing woodland in a desert but there are still ways to be sneaky even wearing woodland in a desert. Just don't be an idiot.

14. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Not being an idiot = not wearing woodland in the desert. You said that it doesn't matter what you wear as long as you don't move and lay low, and I challenge you. Now you're contributing yourself saying not to wear a certain camo in a certain area, even though you just said it didn't matter.

15. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    I disagree with Multicam not working in Woodland environments. The 4 man SEAL team yesterday was invisible, compared to the Marines, and the PMC's.

16. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Everyone gots their own opinions. I just don't like MC in general.

17. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Pretty true...........

Attached Files:

18. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    I believe this I tire is in order.

image-2239392137.jpg

19. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Seriously???????????

Attached Files:

20. schlabie

schlabie New Member

Acu is garbage, it doesnt blend with anything imo. It looks like grey light green and white had a 21st century baby