Acu vs woodland

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Devgru98, Sep 8, 2012.

1. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

I agree it was a bit light but the dry and no cover made it worse.

2. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    I guess the knockoff multicam that I sell doesn't blend well, because I agree with those pictures, but the stuff I sell is practically Tan and grey with some white dots. Not really multicam I guess. Lol at the potato bit.

@mockingshot: that was my point all along. ACU doesn't work where I play, but it might work where you play.

3. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    Multicam has a lot of Olive, but no black or white in it.

Attached Files:

4. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Like I said, the stuff I sell is definitely not real MC.

5. MR38

MR38 Active Member

Washington
    UCP is a pretty good camo to use in a snow covered woodland environment. So it is not completely true it can not used effectively in a woodland environment. :p

6. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Then it might not be a good idea to express an opinion about the effectiveness of Multicam if the camo you're basing that opinion on isn't Multicam. That's like saying that a Corvette sucks because your Impala has bad acceleration.

7. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    I just realized that. I kept thinking about the stuff I've been selling (mainly because I'm around it most of the time), and then I thought, "Wait..." so yeah. Diregard my opinions on MC. I haven't much experience with the real stuff. As far as ACU goes however, I'd take Knief's advice. I believe there's a meme about "Nobody argues with Knief about camo." so many memes, so little time...

8. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

Ghille suit wins above all.

9. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    As long as it is made from the materials in the environment and you are stationary. Otherwise, you look like a moving bush that doesn't belong there.

10. Knief

Ann Arbor
    What's great about the ghillie suit in that picture is that the guy wearing it isn't moving and he all but disappears even though he's most in the foreground. That perfectly illustrates the exact conditions under which a ghillie suit is ideal. If those three guys were lurking from tree to tree in a video, Mr. Ghillie Suit would stand out as much as Mr. ACU.

11. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Mr. Grilled suit would be 10x worse than Mr. ACU. ACU can crouch and not be seen but ghilleman is a fat shaped string of thread that attracts bbs like a bear is attracted to fish.

12. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Dude, we're not bashing your choice of camo, use what you want, but don't get all butthurt when others don't agree. I honestly think ACU LOOKS cool as far as camo goes, but it's effectiveness... I don't know I guess you just have to use it right.

13. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Oh I'm not offended or thinking of this as bashing I just think ghilleman shouldn't get recognition.

14. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Well, ghillieman can be effective in the right environment.

15. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

When he is faking being dead. I do admit they work if you have been trained to use them but you give some 12 year old a ACU and another 12 year old a ghille suit they kid with the ghille suit will be seen and shot first because he moves like a rabbit.

Edit: run on sentence...

16. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    At this point, I believe you are just faking points, just to keep going, and try to prove that you aren't wrong. A ghillie suit can't be defined with 12 year old, as can't UCP. You have to give them to people who know what they're doing. Give them both to people who are trained in hiding themselves, and I guarantee that the ghillie will win. If you stand a ghillie up next to UCP, UCP will lose, unless its around very large rock.

17. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

I just said all of that except the last part about the rock-.- this thread is extremely pointless. Everyone is comparing their forest to someone else's and it may fit well in my forest but not in yours.

18. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Mockingshot,

Why don't you put all of us and every US soldier who's complained about ACU to shame and go take a picture of the woods you play in; a real picture with a decent camera, in focus, with a correct white balance setting, not washed out by the sun, and with appropriate color correction in some reasonable photo editing software. It would shut us all up. Until you can do that, we're all going to have to base our opinion of ACU's effectiveness on what we've seen in person and in pictures, and the reports we've gotten back from the front lines (hint: they're universally negative).

19. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Great I have a game this Saturday. This is my buddy in the shade by out field. Our whole field is shaded by trees so this picture is pretty accurate.

Attached Files:

20. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Ok, now try taking a good picture this Saturday. This picture is still all washed out and your buddy is very much in shadow, darkening the pattern beyond it's real color scheme. You can see all of this stuff too, right? If this is going over your head, you're going to have a hard time coming up with a decent picture this weekend.