Adaptive Armament/Matrix gearbox question

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by yrutimid, Feb 7, 2021.

1. yrutimid

yrutimid Active Member

Phoenix
    So my friend asked me to work on his gun so I agreed. Well, so an behold, I found out it was one of those weird matrix gbs. So, I made progress on it, fixed parts of the wiring, shimmed it, new piston, etc. naturally I can’t do anything to the trigger. I ran into an issue however. I’m missing a piece that I cannot find anywhere. I just need to know if this piece is important or not. I’m not used to this platform of v2. The thing that I’m missing is located where the circle is in the photo. IMG_0050.jpg

2. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

Ah the safety! Well basically leaving it in can cause the back of the proprietary trigger to break off if you pull it very hard in safe accidentally. But I don't think you will damage it firing in safe, besides for any accidental discharge damage.

You also will find the shs pistons are too wide for that shell. I had to shave between the piston "rails" with a edged chisel like tool to allow it to move smoothly.

3. yrutimid

yrutimid Active Member

Phoenix
    interesting. i didnt know that. ill check that.

4. yrutimid

yrutimid Active Member

Phoenix
    ok, ill just make sure to clarify that when i send the lower all the way back to NJ

5. Ben3721

Also cyma pistons are more narrow and are basically drop in for tight shells like this.

PocketBlaster and aotsukisho like this.
  6. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    That is an Ares Mechbox. IMG_20210207_191633.jpg IMG_20210207_191642.jpg IMG_20210207_191651.jpg

And a toggle ties into the selector plate.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    Ben3721 likes this.
  7. yrutimid

yrutimid Active Member

Phoenix
    Ben3721 likes this.
  8. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    I know nothing about Adaptive Armaments'

I just recognize the OEM of the mechbox.

9. Ben3721

Who was the first to make a ambidextrous shell for m4's? Like with the gear cutouts on the sides and then bolt catch latch mounted on the right shell?

Was it vfc? I've seen they have a similar shell but with a regular TM spec trigger assembly.

10. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Taiwan VFC
    China A&K

11. PocketBlaster

PocketBlaster New Member

Los Angeles
    I have one of these gb's... was thinking of using it as an upgrade base. dang. guess not XD

12. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Nothing about Ares and Upgrade is relatable...

Squad144 and PocketBlaster like this.