Advice if this is a good buy( didnt know where to post)

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by vegasrebel, Dec 31, 2012.

1. vegasrebel

vegasrebel New Member

las vegas
    Hi guys im completely new to airsoft. I wanted to do some fun activity with my brother and friend. We really like airsoft . Im thinking about buying this from the local craigslist.
    http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/spo/3483020343.html
    I wanna get two guns one for my bro and one for myself. I want one to shoot over 400 for outdoor and the other around 350 (so i can use it indoors and outdoors).
    The guy says this is http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4926
    but he doesnt have the box or the special flash hider it came with. and the other one is a g&g 16 blowback(probably is a combat machiene-as he says its plastic (330fps) with version 2 metal gears) to which he cant find a model number for.
    The sale includes silencers for both guns,a laser, torchlight, extra mags and battery, 1 vest and a goggle, he is also including the pistol i see there(which i assume is a springer and a holster)

The minimum he would accept is 320 (he says the guns been only used 2-3 times- which i think is bs)

ANYWAY
    My alternative buy is to get the following two guns-
    http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ER-E1-M4-JP39PB.htm with 25% off(365fps) with battery and charger.(168 with coupon without shipping)
    and
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=28497
    arond 206$ with coupon including shipping.
    I like this gun as it is under 350fps and as it says it can easily be moded to shoot 400fps, and can change the spring in 5 mins.

The total for this would be 390$.
    Then i would have o buy a battery for the ics.

So im confused what to get. Please let me know which i should get. Tomorrow is the lastday for the airsplat deal. Thanks a lot. Any advice will help.

2. vegasrebel

vegasrebel New Member

las vegas
    i think the g&g is [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoSsWIz1JYY[/ame]
    matches the pic on craigslist and he did say it had a v2 all metal gearbox.
    And now he has updated that the g&g only fires in semi as the selector has a problem and has reduced the price to 300. Its not that the selector is broken its probably the gears.

3. iZazzil

iZazzil Active Member

Grapevine
    A lot of people would recommend against buying the G&G. What is your budget? I'm sure you could get a much better gun.
    Also, if you look on AirsoftGI's website, they always have deals going on. They have coupon codes that can get you up to 20% off and free shipping if your order is over $100. Don't limit yourself to only 1 store, there are plenty out there.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  4. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
  5. vegasrebel

vegasrebel New Member

las vegas
    how about the used guns. Do you guys think it may be a good deal. Im about to meet the guy in a few hours

6. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    If they are truly what they are supposed to be the AR15 isnt that great of a deal and the G&G I would skip on. Make sure the AR15 looks rarely unused. Look into the magwell and see if its scratched drastically. If it is ask him why and then give him a super low # and work up from there. And as always, watch a show of pawn stars before going to a sale.

7. vegasrebel

vegasrebel New Member

las vegas
    Should i ask him to take out the G&G and lower the price. I'll definitely check the magwell for the CA.

8. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    How much for them again? 320$ for the CA and how much for the G&G?
    That G&G isn't worth 300$. It's a 150$ base gun. Tell him you don't want the G&G and look at the CA.

9. vegasrebel

vegasrebel New Member

las vegas
    its 300$ for everything i listed at the beginning of the thread. now he says he also has a metal mask, im not sure if he's gonna throw that in or ask more for it.

10. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Used guns, I'd skip them. CA isn't that great of a deal, G&G is a horrible deal.

New guns, E1 isn't that great when compated to the ICS. Get the ICS.

You. Gowai.

Both of these are excellent choices.

11. vegasrebel

vegasrebel New Member

las vegas
    yeah so i went and met the guy, he has 7 total mags 5 mid cap and 2 high cap,tactical sling and a gun mag and a face steel mask. All are interchangeable with the G&G. The only problem is that the G&G does not have the charging handle and the CA doesn't have the thing that holds the charging handle back. other wise the CA looks like its been used way more than 3-4 times, but that's because he bought it used.
    he's also willing to throw in a GBB pistol.
    Since we are new to this he has asked us to check out a practice game with his team before putting the money down to see of we like airsoft.
    the thing is today is the last day for the sale on airsplat.com. So i want you guys's opinion on this.
    Thanks

12. osawaab

osawaab Active Member Supporting Member

Charlotte and or A galaxy far, far away
    I would say no, the only perk is the extra gear, but i would be Cautious of paying 300 when you could get 2 nice new guns for the same

13. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

Go with an ICS all the way.

14. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    Lol, what happened to. "G&G all the way."?

15. gostrider12

gostrider12 New Member

I think it looks like a great gun and for 250 that's a great price for that gun

16. vegasrebel

vegasrebel New Member

las vegas
    Yeah, I tested the gun both semi and full auto (CA). IT works fine, it does have scratches and a broken catch release. The other gun is missing the charging handle and shoots in semi but not full auto, but i suspect it might be that the selector is put on the wrong way. IT fires fine in semi. And both the guns have a tight bore barrel.