Advice on a KWA KM4

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by DamnYankee, Oct 6, 2012.

1. DamnYankee

DamnYankee New Member

Lincolnton
    I found this KWA KM4 for sale with all that is in the picture for $150 obo. Is this a good beginner choice for a weapon? I have heard of issues as to upgrading on KWA airsofts.
    [​IMG]

2. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    It's a good stock gun that is not difficult to upgrade. Contrary to popular belief, the only truly proprietary KWA 2GX gearbox parts are the gearbox shell and the nozzle. I wouldn't upgrade those parts anyway. You can (as I have) upgrade the piston, piston head, spring and motor. Friends of mine have also upgraded the gears to a SHS high speed set. Guarder and SHS parts seem to work well with 2GX gearboxes.

Just make sure that the KM4 you are looking at has the 2GX gearbox and is not an earlier generation.

3. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Some people don't like KWA (I really don't either) but this is a really good deal. But please don't use those .12 red BBs in it.

The only 2 things that would me back from getting it would be the fact that he has those .12s, so he must have run them through it. Another thing would be how proprietary KWA is (gearbox shell and nozzle) which might be a problem since he ran all those .12s through it.

Overall, it's a good deal, but kind of risky. Plus it has all the extras. So if I were you, I would talk to the guy about it, see how many rounds he's shot through it and then make the final decision.

4. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I was just thinking the same thing about those bbs. I'd stay away from it.

5. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

If he ran any of those .12s through it. Dont take the deal! It makes me sad even thinking he would have those :( . Its like when you find out the pedi in your street is your dad, stay away from .12s.

6. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    As the guys above said, you need to check out how many .12s have been put through that gun...I personally really like KWA, although I am not an M4/M16 guy, if I were, it'd be a kwa:)

7. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    I agree. If he has run a lot of .12 BBs through that gun ... Back away! .12 BBs are bad news - especially with KWA's. They are set up to handle .25-.30g BBs. That's probably why the price is so low.

By the way, did you find out whether it has a 2gx gearbox or if it is a 1st generation gun. I like KWA's with the 2gx gearbox but not earlier generations.

8. DamnYankee

DamnYankee New Member

Lincolnton
    It is the earlier generation gun. He says he has not run any of the 12's through it. They were for a crappy pistol he used to have.

9. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Hmm I'm still not sure about this. I mean its your choice but he may of lied. But we won't ever know.

10. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    Glad everyone caught that. I was going to put out a big warning.

Says it was from a pistol...? Not sure I would believe that. Could be saying it to make you believe it is in great condition.

11. DamnYankee

DamnYankee New Member

Lincolnton
    Thanks. I think I will be avoiding this gun. Plenty more out there.

12. Rusty34

Rusty34 New Member

Corneria
    my advice; dont buy KWA.

13. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Have you ever owned one?

14. elephantsbedope

elephantsbedope New Member

I've owned about 11 Kwa guns. I absolutely love them. However my advice to you would be spend the extra money on getting a brand new one. I have a SR-10 that I'm messing around with, I just put a 6.01 tbb in it. I'm going to get Systema parts for the gear box, a new motor & a better spring for it. If you have the money look into the SR-10 or SR-7.

15. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Hey welcome to the forum!

16. combatmachine

combatmachine New Member

On airsoftworld.net ( ship everywhere they have just took down the price of kwa m4's from 250 to 150 pound so in dollars it would be cheaper