Advice please for some new players (father and son)

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Rarenomad, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Rarenomad

Rarenomad Member

powder springs
    Hello all,

My son (13yrs old) and I are looking to get into this fascinating sport. Ive been doing some research and have narrowed my interest to the m4 platform and wanted your opnions or suggestions. Specifically these two guns are in my cart while i continue my due diligence.

1. CYMA M4 RIS AEG

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/806...-gearbox-airsoft-aeg-rifle-x-tac-polymer.aspx

And

2. ICS CXP 144 concept

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/14385-ics-airsoft-m4-aeg-cxp-concept-full-metal-picatinny-ris.aspx

The first one is for my son and the second is for me. I know someone who just got the ICS CXP and loves it.

Any advice is appreciated

2. Rarenomad

Rarenomad Member

powder springs
    Just realized there is a "what gub should i get", sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum

3. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    I have no experience with cyma m4s, but the ICS cxp is a great platform. In my opinion ICS makes one of the best m4s on the market.

4. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    The ICS is a great gun. Nice build quality, useful features, and a nice platform if you decide to get into teching and modifications. I've been running around with my ICS for a little over a year and my ONLY complaint is regarding the external battery. But that's just me being nit-picky. Overall great gun and should fare you quite well.

In terms of the CYMA M4. I've personally never owned one, but I've worked on a few from friends. Personally speaking, I feel that CYMA excels with AK-variant weapons and JG is the go-to for M4/M16 variant weapons. And this is nothing against CYMA, it's just I feel JG simply does it better. But that's just my 2 cents... http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/1911-jg-m4-ris-cqb-full-metal-gearbox-airsoft-aeg-rifle.aspx

No worries, I've moved this thread to the correct section

-mobile device-

5. JCL

JCL Member

Cohasset
    I haven't had any experience with the cyma m4, but my cousin has used a jg m4 for 3 or 4 years with no upgrades. Just a tune up and it has served him very well, so I'd recommend it.

6. Rarenomad

Rarenomad Member

powder springs
    @theonlybuster what do you mean external battery? Does this one not use nunchuk in the stock?

Btw thank you all for the info, we can use all the tips you can offer.

7. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    My apologies, I was referring to the CXP08. The CXP144 has a crane stock and battery goes in the stock as opposed to externally. Same gun, but different stock

8. snapshot311

snapshot311 New Member

Woodbury
    G&G Combat Machines. Great starter platforms. My 11 year old has a Raider Short. Polymer body so it isn't too heavy. We did some minor DIY work to it (which you will not HAVE to do) and it performs as good/if not better than my $300+ Krytac.

For the money, I don't think you can find a better deal. If you plan on getting into internal builds and modifications, there are other brands for a better base gun, but if you want plug and play without breaking the bank. G&G Combat Machines.

9. Stonearmdog

Stonearmdog Member Supporting Member

Sevierville
    G&G Combat Machines don't last that long internally. The parts tend to wear out quicker than they should. (From experience and other people.)

10. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    My primary gun is a CYMA M4, been using it for two years now. Only problem I've had so far is the motor connectors coming lose. Nothing inside the gearbox has failed yet, though. I would not hesitate to buy another.