AEG BB systems

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by ricenoodles, Sep 19, 2012.

1. ricenoodles

ricenoodles New Member

Baghdad
    How are AEG recoiling systems? I would like to build AR15 gun M4 platform with good stock internals and with a recoiling system. I'm considering Tokyo Marui Recce $600.00. How are they?

2. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    Better off staying away from them. Mechanical blowback will reduce performance and can cause a lot of extra wear and tear. Pneumatic blowback causes a lot of lost air pressure.

3. ricenoodles

ricenoodles New Member

Baghdad
    ahhh that is disappointing to hear. I'll assume much modifications are required for it to work well. Can the same be said about GBB gunsystems? Which manufacturer makes very good AEG M4 stock <$1000.00, VFC?

4. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    G&P makes excellent guns, as does VFC, and SOCOM gear. There are a lot of other brands out there, and a lot of then are good. What sort of budget do you have, and what look would you prefer?

5. ricenoodles

ricenoodles New Member

Baghdad
    Are there any performance differences between AR-15s like M4 to Submachine guns like the MP5 or HK5 in airsoft? Would the longer outer barrel make longer ranges and accuracies? I am also considering Submachine gun platforms such as the MP5.

6. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    There won't be much of a difference in range. Most platforms with standard gearboxes are fairly equal in terms of performance.

7. ricenoodles

ricenoodles New Member

Baghdad
    What is up with the air sealing issues on SCARS? Are they manufacturing specifics or do all scars suffer from that issue? I really like the FN SCAR H from VFC.

8. ricenoodles

ricenoodles New Member

Baghdad
    My budget for the gun including internal upgrades would be <$1000.00. This is as high as I would go for the gun itself. I hope I could at least have some money left over for cosmetic things like scope and grips n stuff.

9. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    First, the VFC SCAR-H is an excellent gun, but magazines can be costly. There are an absolute TON of things you can he with $1000, but you probably won't go over $500 for the gun and mags, depending on how many you but. I am not the best to ask about which gun to get, though. Hopefully someone else hops in and helps me out a bit. Look around a bit, and come up with a list of guns you like.

10. ricenoodles

ricenoodles New Member

Baghdad
    Will do, thanks a lot for your responses.

11. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    No problem, I don't mind helping.

12. mvsrocks

mvsrocks New Member

Trust me, just get a VFC. You get one, and you don't need to even TOUCH the gearbox for about a year or a year and half (probably longer). VFC is probably the best aeg company out there. Btw, Socom Gear guns are VFC gearboxes.

Another option for you is to get a Polar Star M4. This is the most high tech airsoft gun I've seen. Just look at some videos and you will know. It runs off of HPA (high pressure air), and just sounds scary. You can adjust the FPS and ROF.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PolarStarAirsoft/videos?view=0

You will need things like the FPS nozzles

http://www.airsoftgi.com/advanced_s...+star+fps&categories_id=&x=0&y=0&inc_subcat=1

If you want to upgrade

13. Beta

Beta New Member

I don't know bro. If you give me the website were you found the gun ill research it for you and get back to you on it

14. ricenoodles

ricenoodles New Member

Baghdad
    Just checked out the polar star, two words, amazingly scary. 750+ fps lol. I think I'm sold on it!

15. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

It can be. Anyways fps doesn't make a gun good. Also, I doubt your field will allow that high fps. But it is adjustable.

16. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    P* is already banned at many fields simply because how easily you can change the fps...