AEG Build from Scratch.

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Polanski27, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    Hello,

I am planning on building my own custom M4 from scratch, right down from the receiver to the internals to the flash hider. For the AEG internals, if you could get any parts (no limit) from this website www.airsoftparts.ca what would you get. This build will probably take me about 6 months total, that way i dont have a money limit. Also in your preference would you choose a high rof or a high fps build, im not sure if i want to build an M4 variant of a sniper or just a super high rof M4.

2. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    so you are suggesting that i just buy that drop in gearbox? and then build around that?

3. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    Given my experience with every single part in the Lonex Complete gearboxes (only part I haven't used is their bearings and spring guide)...

Yes, definitely start with the Lonex High Speed gearbox and Lonex A2 motor. Drop in an M120 and Sorbo pad or rubber washer for AoE. Reshim to the bevel gear. Use a Lonex hopup and Lonex bucking to ensure they seal correctly.

I can't find any body kits though...

4. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    alright, well this is what i have so far.
    G&P Magpul Vltor Black M4 metal body
    Magpul MOE trigger guard black
    Magpul Asap sling adapter
    Magpul MOE Pistol Grip Dark Earth
    Burst Avocado Mosfet Unit
    Madbull Daniel Defense 9" lite rail
    Magpul Mbus black
    prometheus 6.03 tightbore 363mm
    Lonex SP120 Gearbox rear
    madbull Daniel Defense 14.5" Government outer barrel
    G&P M4A1 extended battery crane stock
    DNTC Aggressive Compensator flashhider
    Lonex Durable Long Motor.

Please critique my potential purchases, and tell me what i should and shouldnt get. keep in mind I live in Canada so some of it i have to get from canadian stores.

5. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The rail and body aren't compatible as they have different thread pitches. That MOSFET is a waste IMO. You're missing a bucking :p.

6. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
  7. rich635

rich635 New Member

Los Angeles
    Also note that the Magpul body has a built in trigger guard (non-removable), buying a new one is pointless. You could also buy a Madbull rail barrel nut for G&P (not sure if they have a DD one, I know for sure they have them for Noveske RAS).

8. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    hmmm... well thank you lol, i have a Noveske rail for my M4 so i might get a shorter one for this one. Between airsoftparts.ca and TorontoAirsoft.com I should be able to get a good selection of things, however there are somethings like a mosfet unit that I can get elsewhere, can someone recommend one to me. Also, what bucking would you recommend that would give me the most accuracy. Please link for parts that you would swap out instead.

9. rich635

rich635 New Member

Los Angeles
    I've heard good things about Disguised Enemy MOSFETs, they're $15 I believe, and good for normal purposes. If you really want burst, you might as well invest in something high-end like an AWS Raptor (good luck finding those in stock), or a BTC Chimera. As for buckings, it depends on what other mods you want to do for it (R-hop/flat-hop, etc.). Lonex 70 degree buckings are good for R-hop, I think Systema buckings are good for normal setups. R-hop would probably give you the best results, though you do have to do some tuning (or get the Z-kit, it's easier, tuning is still needed, but much less than normal patches.

10. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    Thank you for your recommendations. Regarding the MOSFET Units, I thought I heard along the lines somewhere that MOSFETs make batteries more efficient, is this true? Or is their only purpose burst fire? I have heard of R-Hop systems but I cannot find them anywhere in Canada, or a place that will ship them to Canada. If you guys could lead me to the right place to find them, I would be very much appreciative. Another question what motor would be the best bang for my buck, or is the Lonex Durable Long Motor a good one to have?

11. rich635

rich635 New Member

Los Angeles
    MOSFETs prevent trigger arching (so 11.1v won't damage your trigger contacts), it makes the entire electrical more efficient, improves trigger response, and can boost ROF. Burst is an extra feature on higher-end ones. And R-hop is available on http://clandestineairsoft.com/, they're small patches and could probably easily be shipped across the border into Canada (also, don't forget M-nubs!). And Lonex makes great motors, though I'm not sure about the one you listed. It sounds like the Lonex A1 (good), but it could very well be a Lonex A4/A5 (meh). If you want bang for the buck, SHS has good high torque motors for around $30 (I'm hearing things about QC though), but the extra $20 for a Lonex is well worth it.

12. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Your description of MOSFETs is close, but not quite. It prevents this arcing of the contacts by bypassing them with the main load. It sends a small amount of current through the contacts, and when you pull the trigger, the current goes through and back to the MOSFET through the gate wire. The MOSFET then puts the current to the motor.