AEG Burst Wizard Review

Discussion in 'Staff Reviews' started by Sparky_D, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    this product would work great for high rof p90's that eats up cutoff levers every weekend. i haven't read the entire thread, but does it play well if connected to an AEG already soldered with a non-AB fet?

2. VirtualWaffle

VirtualWaffle Member

Los Angeles
    I ordered one, and In a video he answered this question if its a mosfet. He has a masters degree in electrical engineering, so I would trust him. I didn't watch the video though.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011

3. merlin

merlin New Member

New Port Richey
    burst wizard

I watched the video and I read the review, the result: The order went out tonight. I will also be mentioning this to the rest of my team when it comes in and is installed.

4. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    from the design, it doesn't protect the trigger contacts. it's an adjustable ROF mosfet. that's why i want to know if it can be used with a regular non AB mosfet.

5. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Why wont they sell to the US?

6. Kong

Kong New Member Supporting Member

Temple City
    If you still wonder when the Burst Wizard will support wire-in industry standard MOSFET mode? the King Kong version is coming to silent the last few critics! But there are much more... Please visit AEG Wizard Main Page Airsoft MOSFET 3 round burst for details.

BTW, I really appreiciate the folks in this forum especially those who contributed to this post!

7. Airsoftkid01

Airsoftkid01 Member

Hutchinson
    interested

I am very interested, but really not selling to the good old u s of a?

8. VirtualWaffle

VirtualWaffle Member

Los Angeles
    I live in california and I bought one, therefore one can reason that he does in fact ship to the US.

9. havocm4

havocm4 Active Member

I have a active braking mosfet pre-installed into my aeg, and wanted to know if I could put this into my gun without removing the stock one.
    I know this sounds stupid, but I honestly have no clue....Thanks!

10. AirsoftBattlefield

AirsoftBattlefield New Member

Richmond
    Do you by any chance, have the AMA AMR-4 CQBR Electric Blowback?

11. havocm4

havocm4 Active Member

Yes, yes I do. How did you know?

It's actually the AMA AMR4 SPC

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  12. Kwaman1

Kwaman1 New Member

The burst avaco is better

13. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    Why?

Also, the BW in this review is obsolete now.

14. Razor_Airsoft

Razor_Airsoft New Member

Tulsa
    I am an newer player I airsoft and am about to start a dmr project. I want to disable my full auto and make it 2-3 round burst(still deciding). I'm your honest opinion which burst part should
    I use????
    Oh and are these avalible for purchase in the USA???

15. Southpaw417

Southpaw417 New Member

Tampa
    Any details on its longevity?

16. DyeOrDie

DyeOrDie New Member

Los Angeles
    The burst wizard lasts (at least for me so far) as long as you can treat it well. I own one burst wizard on deans and another on small. I just got a spectre v2 so I don't use them any more in either of my m4's but when I did they were pretty good for the price. The get a little warm but nothing too bad and for the price it has a lot of features equipped. If you have any other questions on it feel free to ask. ;)

17. DyeOrDie

DyeOrDie New Member

Los Angeles
    By the way, Ive owned them for about 5 months and put about 60,000 rounds through it

18. -CQB-

-CQB- New Member

Los Angeles
    I feel that this thread should of been written by a tech. The Burst wizard is not a "mosfet" that protects your gearbox in any way. It is actually the same as running your gun without a mosfet. The only thing it does it add new features to your gun. If your planning on running a lipo of any sort a hard wired mosfet is still highly recommended or you will ruin your trigger contacts.

19. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    ORLY?

Firstly, I've been into airsoft longer than most forums have been in existence and I've been teching my own AEGs for well over a decade now. All the data in the review is relevant and true to the BW-1 and the BW-2. In addition, I run 20C 7.4V LiPos without MOSFETs all the time. They are no harder on trigger contacts than a 9.6V NiCad or NiMH.

Secondly, nowhere in the review do I mention that it's a MOSFET. It contains a MOSFET circuit and the Ver. 2 has a soft start to reduce AMP draw at the start to minimize trigger contact arcing.

Thirdly, the BW-1 and BW-2 are obsolete now, replaced by the BW-3 and BW King Kong-2 which can be wired in as a true MOSFET as well as being a plug-and-play Burst Wizard.

Since the BW in this review is obsolete, there's no reason to leave this thread open.

-Closed-

kazuchan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.