Aeg dmr

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Galasca, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Galasca

Galasca Member

Atlanta
    Alright, so I'm trying to find a base gun for my DMR project that I will be taking on for the course of about six weeks. I have a budget of about 275~ (USD)
    I really would like something not too heavy. Highly prefer a AEG and my field doesn't really have a FPS limit so I would prefer something that I can really trick out.

2. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo
    It's really up to personal preference, but I'd get something that has a 455/500mm inner barrel so you can volume properly (and for FPS to push heavy bbs out quickly.). If you're just going to gut the gun (which you should be if you're doing a DMR) this and looks are the only things that are really important.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015

3. Galasca

Galasca Member

Atlanta
    Yeah, I pretty much slimmed it down to two guns.

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Apex-R5-14-Battlemod-M4-Black-p/12015.htm

or

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/286...-dmr-sniper-aeg-rifle-full-metal-gearbox.aspx

One gun I have somewhat been eyeing is the

http://www.evike.com/products/28236/

But I am not really a fan of the hang guard system.

4. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo
    A&K is all right, nothing fancy but it should do OK for a DMR build.

What does your parts list look like?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  5. Galasca

Galasca Member

Atlanta
    I am not really a tech so I was going to try not to open the gearbox.

6. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

So you probably shouldn't go for a DMR because you actually wont get DMR effectiveness out of either. Don't bother.

7. Galasca

Galasca Member

Atlanta
    Well, my local group has just changed fields to a MASSIVE open area with a few log cabins, and normal engagement now is like 100 feet or so. The gun I am currently operating is great for indoors but almost ALWAYS out ranged at my local field. I am not really a fan off some huge over kill sniper rifle so I thought a DMR was the only way to go. I can change out springs, motors, hop up, I just don't want to screw up my gear box.

8. yattmaster

yattmaster Active Member

Sandy

Might as well use a normal AEG. A longer barrel and a DMR looking gun won't make it shoot farther. You need to do some serious tuning and upgrades to make it outperform an average AEG by a considerable amount.

9. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

A tuned MP5K will embarass the AEG's you linked, that's how airsoft guns work, they don't work like real guns at all. It's all about tuning and high quality parts, barrel length is less important, barrel quality is crucial, so is the effectiveness of the hop-up and so on.