AEG or Gas blowback

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by shadowbrk, Dec 8, 2012.

1. shadowbrk

shadowbrk New Member

What would you recommend AEG assault rifle or a green gas blowback assault rifle.
    Thx

2. Xenon54

Xenon54 New Member

well it depends, whats your budget?

3. shadowbrk

shadowbrk New Member

My budget is $150 and I saw some gas blowback for $145

What do u think is better?

4. Xenon54

Xenon54 New Member

well i prefer AEGs cause they as prone to break as GBBs are. not to mention youll fine yourself spending a lot of money on gas for those things. are u looking for a beginner gun or a more advanced one?

5. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    AEG, for $150 the only GBBs you'll be able to afford are the not-so-good AGM ones, or the CMs with a GHK drop-in gearbox, which also isn't very good in GBB aspects.

6. Xenon54

Xenon54 New Member

exactly. i would recommend getting a JG brand gun at first if u are starting out as they are only $150-200, yet theyll last you for a very long time.

7. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    JG won't last you a long time as they are some of the worst shimmed and AoE corrected guns. You need to do a complete tuneup to have it last a long time. I would not recommend that a beginner get a gun that needs to be worked on to be reliable. People need to stop copying what they read off of other people's posts.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  8. kevincull

kevincull New Member

For your budget aeg good gbb budget $250.

9. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    You will need at least 6-8 additional GBBR magazines to skirmish with the rifle, so that adds another $200-300 to the total.

Get an AEG. Any GBBR under $200 will need lots of work and upgrades to be fieldable.

10. Tedinator

Tedinator New Member

Bristol
    AEG! Gas guns are fun, but require A LOT of maintenance to keep going. During the colder seasons you will be at a severe disadvantage when using a gas gun, also. Go AEG. My GBB is fun to use, but the 30 rounds a mag, constant reloads and such just aren't worth it when playing against AEG's.

11. shadowbrk

shadowbrk New Member

Are AEG blow back good?

12. shadowbrk

shadowbrk New Member

What kind of upgrade do u need to get for a gbb

13. Xenon54

Xenon54 New Member

dude. seriously? i would def have to disagree with this. i have three JG guns and they all have lasted a little over 2 years with NO problems ever. they are super reliable.

14. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    If it's a sub-$200 GBBR, you'll need to replace pretty much all the internals, the hop up chamber and bucking, the inner barrel, etc...

In my experience, the least expensive fieldable GBBRs would be the KJW M4 and WE G36.

15. kevincull

kevincull New Member

The blowback aegs break easly

16. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    No they don't. G&G's pneumatic blowback is a solid blowback system. It avoids putting any kind of extra stress on the GB. It does not break easily.

17. Xenon54

Xenon54 New Member

yea just dont abuse the fully-automatic setting and dont make sure you take care of it and it will be fine

18. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    You can use full auto all you want with G&Gs blowback, it will literally never break during your guns life. Mechanical blowback is the kind of blowback that'll break really fast on full auto.

19. ajharl

ajharl Member

Largo
    For you budget go aeg probably a combat machine would suit you well.

20. Xenon54

Xenon54 New Member

my combat machine burst into flames :/