AEG Problem Help

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by SubBourbonSloth, Aug 31, 2018.

1. SubBourbonSloth

SubBourbonSloth New Member

Green Bay
    So, recently I decided to order parts for my gun, just external stuff didn't want to mess with anything on the inside of the gun. I bought a new pistol grip for my cqb m4 and after switching it out the gun didn't work. After watching a video I realized I put the wires in the wrong spot after putting the motor back in. So I went in and got that squared away.

THE PROBLEM: Now even after all that gun still won't work. The first time after messing with things it would fire four times and then acted as if the battery wasn't connected. Left it overnight, tried with a new battery and the same thing happened: four shots and then went dead.

So I have no idea what to do now. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Gun: DPMS Panther Arms CQB-3

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Sounds like your battery is very weak and you may have routed the wires wrong thus putting the motor off kilter and it requires more juice to turn over.

You don't have one wire on each side of the motor do you?

3. SubBourbonSloth

Green Bay
    I have both wires running up the backside of the grip

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Make and type of battery? Do you have a volt meter or a good charger to check the voltage when the pack is fully charged?

5. SubBourbonSloth

Green Bay
    I have a 9.6 butterfly Mighty Max battery and the only thing I have is a smart charger that I use when i charge it.

6. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Did you adjust the motor height after changing the pistol grip?

7. SubBourbonSloth

Green Bay
    Not initially no, after screwing around with it for a while then I started to adjust it.

8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Did your grip have a disc?

What model smart charger?

9. SubBourbonSloth

Green Bay
    What do you mean by disc?

And its a Tenergy smart charger.

I had zero issues with charging and my batteries, the issues only popped up after I messed with the grip and motor.

10. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    One of these?

[​IMG]

By disc its a spacer that goes in the grip and adjustment screw pushes against it to raise and lower the motor.

11. SubBourbonSloth

Green Bay
    It was this one (hope the picture appears)

And yes the grip came with a disc.

Attached Files:

12. SubBourbonSloth

Green Bay
    Now a quick question, the ends of the wires that connect to the motor, are they supposed to be rigid or able to flop around a decent amount?

13. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    Flexible vs. Stiff? Depends on the wire.

14. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    [​IMG]

That charger is not a "true" smart charger. While it does cut off when it thinks the battery is full. It is brute force charging the pack up to that point and that wears the pack out.

There are Good, so-so and bad chargers. This is a so-so unit and it's usually priced in the good charger range. It's a fleece the new player accessory. This is due to the low wholesale price of $5-7 (depending on volume) and it's priced in the range of a good B6/HOTA charger at ~$20.00

-Spitfire- likes this.
  15. AirsoftMasterUSA

AirsoftMasterUSA New Member

Buena Park
    Have you tried shooting it before you realize the wires were wrong? If so, check your fuse, it might have popped.

Also, check the terminal connector of the wire, sometimes if you remove it the wrong way, it will break without you noticing it because the shrink tube is holding everything together.

When you squeeze the trigger, does it feel like the motor is trying to turn but not able to?