AEG SVDs

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by screach, Jul 22, 2012.

1. screach

screach Member

Beaverton
    I am wondering what the best aeg svd is for under $300...
    need help!

2. Adman234

Adman234 Active Member

Wildwood
    S&T SVD is best in that range.

3. screach

screach Member

Beaverton
    what would you think of the cyma?

4. Adman234

Adman234 Active Member

Wildwood
    It is also pretty nice, using nearly the same internals as the S&T.

But if I remember correctly, it is a bit more expensive and harder to find in the US.

5. screach

screach Member

Beaverton
    Ok so either one is good?

6. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    So it is safe to say you did not like your C02 SVD setup?

7. Adman234

Adman234 Active Member

Wildwood
    I never had a Co2 setup.

The CO2 kit only works with the V1 svd.

8. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    I used what I believe is the Echo 1 RedStar CSR SVD today and let me tell you it is SWEET. It was just released and I loved it. I wish it was mine besides the fact I don't really like the SVD look.

9. screach

screach Member

Beaverton
    Wrong I have the v2, and use a co2 adapter, ya, id rather have a semi auto one though.

10. Adman234

Adman234 Active Member

Wildwood
    Oooh, and echo1 SVD AEG? Sounds original! SOOOO EXXXXCIIITIEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

It's a cyma rebrand. Don't waste your money.

EDIT: The CO2 kit did not come with a spring guide suitable for the V2. The screws were of a different type, and the piston was too large for the cylinder. Perhaps you have the angel kit? It might be compatible, but mine was not.

11. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    I was asking the OP because he is selling one.

12. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
  13. Adman234

Adman234 Active Member

Wildwood
    [​IMG]

Looks to me you have a V1, because of the 2 piece spring guide.

My V2 has a 1 piece spring guide, resembling an AEG spring guide, rather than that 2 piece design with the bushing.

Could you send me a link to where you bought it? Are there 2 small allen screws on the back of the dust cover?

14. screach

screach Member

Beaverton
    Yes I am selling one.

15. screach

screach Member

Beaverton
    Yes I have checked it it is indeed a v2, I am selling mine complete for 250 with pso scope, and pas convertion kit, with original spring.

16. Adman234

Adman234 Active Member

Wildwood
    [​IMG]

not to hate bro, but....... what experience do you have to say this?

I'm pretty sure neither of us work in chinese factories and have any knowledge on this subject, but having actually worked on many echo1 and other chinese AEGs, I shall give you my opinion.

I somehow doubt your "echo1 representative" considering I have worked on the following pairs of AEGs, with the only difference being trademarks, packaging, and warranty:

-ECHO1 and Cyma M14, same
    -Echo1 red star AK and CM048, same
    -Platinum edition m4 gearbox and VFC V2 gearbox, same

I think you misunderstood the rep. Echo1 calls a factory, and has them make AEGs for them. They might work with more than one factory, but that would be for a different gun. And any upgrade parts you may find in the gun are installed in china, with few exceptions for marketing purposes.

I will post this in your thread as to stop the off topic discussion. EDIT: NVM it is locked. PM me if you still disagree.

17. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    I got to compare the CYMA and E1 SVD yesterday at a local store. They are the same OEM, besides the Red Star trademarks they're the same externally. I didn't get to peek at the internals because well...I don't own it and even though I personally know the owner they don't let customers take down the guns to the gearbox in store. No doubt the E1 will have something done to it, if I do recall, in the Echo1 Support youtube CSR video there was a Madbull blue in there (though I'd say a red would be better anyways for this specific gun). Compared to the S&T I have no clue as I believe the S&T is currently over in Asia only at the moment.

Oneguy...I was gonna post something in your thread before it got locked. With the E1's I've dealt with, they're the same except for very minor differences (being mostly trademarks). I don't want this to turn into an E1 bash thread (though I do enjoy them) so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  18. screach

screach Member

Beaverton
    So are you sugesting that I get the cyma, or the s&t svd?

19. screach

screach Member

Beaverton
    Have you guys heard of the echo 1 csr?

20. LancerAL

LancerAL Member

Lafayette
    Just get the CYMA SVD. As Adman said, the CSR is just a CYMA rebrand. Save your money.