Aeg upgrading

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Galasca, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Galasca

Galasca Member

Atlanta
    Hey guns, I've been told lots of info on upgrading AEGs but there seems to be a a lot of conflicts on inner barrels, etc. so what's the truth? Has anyone ever performed tests?

2. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    You question is quite vague. I'm not sure what your trying to find out but there is no one barrel that is best for everything and it really depends on what you are building and what you want it to achieve with the build.

3. Galasca

Galasca Member

Atlanta
    I'm wondering what is truly the most effective way of upgrading accuracy on AEGs?

4. Stonearmdog

Stonearmdog Member Supporting Member

Sevierville
    Upgrading the compression parts to get a full seal is probably the best way.

5. Airborne101

Airborne101 Well-Known Member

Chicago
    Use higher quality heavy ammo. Also upgrade your hop up bucking & nub. The barrel is a secondary component to those two upgrades.

6. measle

measle New Member

Getting better air seal will help with consistency. The kind of hop up that touches the bb is where most of the accuracy comes from.

7. Galasca

Galasca Member

Atlanta

What's the best hop up out there?

8. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

There's not really a "best" just whatever seals well. The bucking is where everything is at.

9. Stonearmdog

Sevierville
    Thats true. The best you can do is a r-hop but it takes skill and a lot of time. I did the flat hop because of the less amount of time used and it only gets slightly less range. This is only hearsay but I've heard from a lot of people that the ProWin is one of the best hop units but it does cost $30.

10. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

People have complained about issues with the prowin, but it definitely is a nice hopup.

11. Dannyboyextreme

Dannyboyextreme Active Member

Burbank
    I like my prowin, although without a slight mod it did devour my magazine bbs holder lip thing. I have it matched with a maple and finally got to shoot it, shoots like an angel

12. asmortus

asmortus New Member

tulare
    Okay figured I can give my two sense. For the money and performance you can not beat this combination.
    -Prometheus Inner barrel (6.03) I prefer the 455 mm
    -Prometheus Purple Bucking
    -Pro-win hop up unit
    -Prometheus Purple nub will do fine but for absoult I would recumbent the firefly flat nub.
    Air seal is also a factor I typicaly hear that a tiny bit of teflon tape around the bottom of bucking will increase air efficiently.
    There are other combinations of hop up assemblies that have worked well for other people but I feel this is consistently one if not the most price/performance effective builds.

13. AirsoftRyan778

AirsoftRyan778 Active Member

Baltimore

Change the hopup to a prometheus and youll be fine, it will seal better with the bucking AND the prommy is the best hop up out there

14. Stonearmdog

Sevierville
    I second the firefly namazu flat hop nub. I have it too and love it.