Aeg wiring problem...

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Dan Byler, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Dan Byler

Dan Byler New Member

Youngsville
    You should be able to see in the pic what my problem is and I don't know how to fix it. I've electrical taped it several times and it keeps happening and it's grounding the electricity and preventing the gun from shooting. Y'all have any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

You need to dremel or mill a slot in the shell. Or a drop of glue under the wire to keep it down. Sometimes that's not enough. The setup I have to do this was about 80 bucks plus whatever drill press I had.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Dan Byler

Dan Byler New Member

Youngsville
    Ok, I'll try that, thx for the tip

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    More low tech solution. Pull wire paritally out, trim ripped insultation and patch with this:

upload_2021-12-4_8-17-22.png

Or slip on some shrink

upload_2021-12-4_8-18-16.png

Use a punch

upload_2021-12-4_8-19-0.png

And press in the wire with less tension and form fit it on the frame.

It looks like the wire was chewed because some put the motor wires in wrong.

Motor wires was routed down the spine of the grip and not one on each side right?

Check this thread.

https://www.airsoftsociety.com/threads/how-not-to-wire-the-motor-in-your-ar-grip.154053/

5. Dan Byler

Dan Byler New Member

Youngsville
    I see what you mean, but routing the wires that way in this case will put it more in the way of the motor and is likely to get chewed up too (the black wire is longer for some reason in this instead of the red). The wire that has the issue is the one that goes to the battery. There's really no where else it can go in this gearbox. I'll look into that liquid electrical tape tho. I have heat shrink but because of the location of the break, you cant get the shrink to it.

6. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Oh yes on closer review...

You can slit the shrink, slip it around the wire and then Cyano Acrylate (Super Glue) it on the seam and then heat it.

7. Dan Byler

Dan Byler New Member

Youngsville
    The super glue will shrink with it?

8. Ben3721

Is this wired for a mosfet or reg switch? Also it looks like those copper wires are ripped too.

I would do a rewire if it was my aeg.

9. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    To an extent..the substrate that it is adhered to will.

10. Dan Byler

Dan Byler New Member

Youngsville
    It is wired for a GATE ASTER, so I really don't want to try rewiring it, but it's not too bad, not too many of the strands are ripped. I think I've got it now, I routered out the shell some, put heat shrink on the wire like Guges Mk3 said, and glued it down and I think it's well enough out of the way. Thanks for y'alls help

11. Ben3721

If you solder to the gate board you'll need to watch your temps or it may burn components out.

Sometimes if a wire is damaged you can put solder on the wire to fix it then heat shrink over it.

12. Dan Byler

Dan Byler New Member

Youngsville
    *Update*
    I got it all together and she shoots, so thanks for your help!

PocketBlaster and Ben3721 like this.