AEGs and water?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by ACIDEEL177, Oct 30, 2012.

1. ACIDEEL177

ACIDEEL177 New Member

This is a noobish question i know and im sorry. But, Is it okay to use an AEG in the winter with snow? Or in the rain (not a monsoon but like a drizzle)?

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Uh rain I don't know but wouldn't try, snow I think you'll be ok, however it's notable that your battery life will be reduced.

3. ACIDEEL177

ACIDEEL177 New Member

Just like for that day?

4. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    You should be fine. A good precaution would be to dry the gun out afterwards. Read the description of that video.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7zaAP0QmNM[/ame]

5. naamtune

naamtune New Member

Redlands
    I've played in a downpour once, which also included pushing my way through the rushing stream, laying in puddles, and my AEG came out fine.

6. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    Go here:

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/search.php

Enter "Rain" in the search field.

Select "Search Titles Only"

Scroll to the bottom, and click "Search Now"

Lots of topics on this already.

You can also enter "Snow", but you'll get a lot of Snow Wolf sniper threads...

7. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    +1

Question isn't noobish, the way you tried to find the answer is.

8. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    Mhmm, I have never had issues playing in hard rain or lots and lots of snow (MN and all), but if you have snow, I would watch out for cheaper metal parts breaking from the cold making them brittle. I would highly recommend using much shorter full auto bursts or semi if possible. I've heard of people getting their guns in water and the gun being fine, however I would take the motor out personally if it got that wet, and dry it thoroughly.

9. ACIDEEL177

ACIDEEL177 New Member

I hate asking questions but that's the only way we learn. I do search the threads but I'm on the mobile app so the results usually have nothing to do with what I typed in. Once again I'm sorry.

10. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Sometimes if you search on google you get better results. Just an FYI.

11. airsoftaddict89

airsoftaddict89 New Member

Picayune.
    I have played airsoft in the snow and in a drizzle. I don't think playing in the snow will screw your gun, but I'm sure its not a great idea. After playing in the rain, I took the rear pin out of my gun and it was starting to rust. I wouldn't play in the rain unless I had to.

12. pitviper

pitviper New Member

I have never plate in the snow. Sadly because I live in Texas were snow and rain is very rare to see. But I have played in some rain and my gun work fine but make sure to clean and dry well afterwards.

13. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Hey man I'll trade you. Canada weather for Texas weather. I'm not ready for all this snow yet.

OP: As people have said, it shouldn't be a problem. Just clean of your gun afterwards, you don't wanna look at your gun the next day and see a bunch of rust. Try not to get electrical components soaked or anything and you should be good.

14. RCV

RCV New Member

I see your offer asking for Texas weather and raise you New Mexico weather. I haven't seen a cloud for 6 days and the high today is 78. Snow and mountains are the best. They also have something else in Canada that I hear is the best ;P

15. pitviper

pitviper New Member

Dude I would think about that one a little more. In the summer u get luck for a drizzle in a month and I don't remember the last time I saw snow. U for sand coming ur way now don't you....?

16. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Deal!!! I could go for a warm winter this year. Be prepared for some cold weather and lots of snow.

You must be talking about our beer, mmm mmm mm, glacier fresh, lol. Or our women? Syrup? Health care?

17. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    I'd honestly be more worried about internals/externals rusting than battery problems when it comes to getting a gun wet.

18. Duke

Duke New Member

Trade you both some good ole fashioned southern heat, it's like Texas, but a rainforest (humidity near 100 all the time)

19. ACIDEEL177

ACIDEEL177 New Member

Hey I'll trade you PA weather it's not a big difference, but it's kinda warmer:p all I want is a white winter for once.

20. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    I have been caught in the rain many times with different guns and never had a problem, just dry them off.