AEP Teching - Calling All AEP Techs!

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by I_N_J, Mar 19, 2014.

1. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    I'd honestly just try fixing your compression as best you can, new bucking, and a tightbore barrel [6.01 preferably].

link0 and Lefse like this.
  2. link0

link0 Well-Known Member

SF Bay Area
    How bad is the stock compression on CYMA aeps? I prob won't be getting a 6.01 barrel unless there is some cheap option available.

3. 1tonne

1tonne Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    It can be bad. I found most of my air leak was from the piston head. It is a 2 piece piston head. So glue it together with something that will seal the gap between the 2 parts.

link0 likes this.
  4. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The stock air seal in my CYMA USP was surprisingly good, so I guess I won the "ACM lottery" in that regard.

link0 likes this.
  5. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    Tightbore barrel will make a big difference. You definitely don't want to go with anything wider than 6.01 though.

6. trooperx

trooperx Active Member

Salem
    -Spitfire- likes this.
  7. NeKowai

NeKowai New Member

Torrance
    Has anybody done any testing with the drop in aep lipo batteries vs the modded lipo batteries? I've seen some people say they're better than what you can do yourself, but if I'm seeing things properly they typically have a lot less wiggle room and then you can't put in a mosfet there either.

8. gkatev

gkatev New Member

Heraklion
    I'd like to share a design of mine, a "barrel brace" for the USP, in case someone finds it useful/interesting:
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4859372

It's basically a clamp to hold the barrel firmly towards the nozzle/hop, theoretically helping make the nozzle/bucking seal better and/or more consistent. Possible overengineering, but I reckon it can help in some cases (it did in mine).