*Aftermath Kraken AK-47 selector switch loose*

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by A7Xairsoft, Jul 19, 2009.

1. A7Xairsoft

A7Xairsoft Guest

Does anyone know how I can tighten it? Its becoming very loose and its annoying the crap outta me lol.

2. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    Pop the dome shaped metal cap off the arm (don't loose it), then tighten the screw underneath. A little blue Loc-Tite (#242) will keep that little bugger from coming loose again.

3. Krazyboy87

Krazyboy87 New Member

aftermath.....had some bad experience. those guns are very hard to get back together for some reason.

4. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    Aftermath Kraken = Rebranded Cyma CM028.
    Good in it's day, but better options exist now, even from Cyma.

5. hairyman

hairyman New Member Supporting Member

Dublin
    Ive heard very good things about the CM028.

6. killbucket

killbucket New Member

A loose screw can happen on a Benz...or a Toyota!

Aftermath guns are fun, economical, and more importantly, marketed about everywhere. Some people never will buy a pimped-out CA or Systema (guilty!). for backyard plinking, and even NOOB-level skirmish, they're a BARGAIN.

It IS possible to make some pretty respectable stuff out of their wares. Killsaw1 was made from one of the early, UGLY, Aftermath Kirinex's:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OJ1tnyqFp8]YouTube - KillSAW[/ame]
    Hard to see, but it's been made into a custom CQB Shrike Belt-feed.

7. blackcat

blackcat Guest

actually full metal/ wood ak variants are available for the same price, i wouldnt call aftermath very economical

8. killbucket

killbucket New Member

Good call, woodies are mail-order only for me...and BIG5 will only have reasonable pricing on them if "on sale", when the price is similar to mail-order.

I've bought FIVE Kirinex's, One Lycaon, Two Kraken's and one, horribly abused Broxa:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkPWnDSag4U]YouTube - Aftermath Broxa Torture Part One[/ame]
    There have been SO many noob's wondering about the longevity of the things, so I decided to find out for myself.
    I clamped the thing in a vise, and then clamped the trigger down, It's being continually fed ammo. Then the battery went kaput...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4TyvFk2QSQ]YouTube - Aftermath Broxa torture continues[/ame]
    so with a fresh charge, it continued. I finally got bored, and unhooked it.

Then, I stuck a helicopter battery into it:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zir3_L7zOys]YouTube - Aftermath Broxa LiPo conversion[/ame]
    It will not break...I'd call it a safe buy.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  9. blackcat

blackcat Guest

asgi has free shipping but i guess some parents wont let there kids order

10. killbucket

killbucket New Member

Once I saw a 12-yr-old coming out of Airsoft Extreme with a new, high-end gun in a box, Mommy in tow.
    "Hey Mommy, these things will be illegal before we know it. Thanks a lot, dipshit."
    Maybe I only thought it....

11. hairyman

hairyman New Member Supporting Member

Dublin
    Im with you mate,,,,,,,damn vermin.

12. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood Active Member

I think it would be a good idea to have to be vouched for by another airsofter if you're under 14 or something as I don't mind young people playing as long as they are mature. Hell I started airsofting at 10 but there were also morons my age and how some of them are allowed airsoft guns I have no idea.

13. killbucket

killbucket New Member

At least Mommy was with him!

Is that AK working again?

I once looked at a PSG-1 that had been through THREE airsoft shops, and still didn't work. EXACT SAME problem.

It had brand-new 3800mah Nimh's in it. They were kaput, but because they LOOKED fresh and new, not one mech had tried a different battery.

I didn't have the heart to charge the guy...

14. blackcat

blackcat Guest

haha you reminded me of a very funny/ lack of iq story my friends little cousin bought a jg ak we took it out of the box and adjusted the hop up and the gun shot fine
    then it wouldnt shoot he went up and charged the battery came down a bit later and shot it again fine, it stopped working after a few minutes and the kid started spazing out insisting the gun was broken
    i told him to calm down its just the stock battery is terrible, he told me i knew nothing and everyone went home
    i recieved a call from my friend and he told me that his cousin kept saying the gun was burnt and i need to shut up because i dont know any thing i took it with a grain of salt.
    the next day i went over to my friends house and my friend told me his cousin tried to "fix" his gun by samshing it into the ground throwing it across the hall ripping out the wiring and hop up unit. i thought he was kidding so i checked out the gun it was in the same condition as he told me.
    i laughed so hard at that. ill upload pictures maybe to show you guys

15. killbucket

killbucket New Member

Everybody knows if you rev an engine high enough, long enough, it will smooth out....HA!

16. blackcat

blackcat Guest

lol this same kid is convinced that cybergun's thompson is better than tm's because of fps

17. killbucket

killbucket New Member

I have a real TM M1A1, and the cybergun. Even thought he TM cost 3 times as much, it's sure not 3 x better.
    [​IMG]
    My clone Cybergun Tommy.

The "clone" has a few more plastic parts, yes...but the fit and finish are better than the TM in a lot of ways.

[​IMG]
    My TM M1A1 with my own drum-mag.

If the clone had been available then, I wouldn't have bought the TM.
    In spite of that, the Maroo is my favorite gun, out of over 40 airsoft's.

Wanna know a FAST way to I.D. a clone from a TM? Look at the pistol grip screw. On the TM, it's a proper, slotted screw head.
    The Cybergun has a Phillips.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  18. blackcat

blackcat Guest

lovin the drum mag

19. A7Xairsoft

A7Xairsoft Guest

So the cap holding the selector switch in just pops off? And there's a screw right under it and that's it?

20. A7Xairsoft

A7Xairsoft Guest

Ok so I just tightened the screw.. but i partially broke the cap that goes over the screw :( does anyone have any idea where i can get another lol