AGM mp44 Spring downgrade

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by kingdomfiend, Mar 25, 2010.

1. kingdomfiend

kingdomfiend New Member

Three things here about my AGM MP44

1.) What would it take to downgrade it to around 380fps in terms of parts? (it shoots around 440 right now and I want to use it on local fields that have 400 and 420 fps limits)

2.) What does it take to do something like that/ Where could I get it done?

3.) How much would it cost total, including whatever work I would have to get done on the rifle if I took it somewhere.

2. Griffin

Griffin New Member Supporting Member

I would recommend a M110 spring for that.

Take a look at Mechbox.com for gearbox disassembly guides.

-Griffin

3. kingdomfiend

kingdomfiend New Member

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  4. MFairtap

MFairtap New Member

if your motor and gears can handle 440 it'll handle lower fps no problem.

5. kingdomfiend

kingdomfiend New Member

so i just need a spring and i just need to open up the gearbox and replace it?

6. MFairtap

MFairtap New Member

Yeah, make sure you know what your doing though, goto mechbox.com like Griffin said and watch as much videos about gearboxes and familiarize yourself to it. You will notice a slight increase in ROF after the downgrade :]

7. kingdomfiend

kingdomfiend New Member

awesome! thanks for the info guys

8. Griffin

Griffin New Member Supporting Member

I would also suggest re-shimming it and re-greasing it when you open up the gearbox as the shim and grease job will most likely be horrible as it is a clone.

I would suggest G&P shims and G&P or Matrix grease off Evike.com.

Check out this guide for shimming: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsoVm_UilFs]YouTube - Gearbox Shimming guide - By LegitAirsoftReviews[/ame] and: 858airsoft.com - How to shim a AEG version 2 Mech box

I would also recommend upgrading to a nice 9.6V battery as the stock one ain't that great.

-Griffin

9. kingdomfiend

kingdomfiend New Member

any tips on re-greasing?

10. duckandmiss

duckandmiss New Member

Philadelphia
    I'm in the same boat right now, and I don't see any articles on Mechbox about the mp44... perhaps I'm not looking in the right place...

I haven't even yet been able to figure how to field strip this gun.... does anyone have any photos or info on how to take this gearbox out? I think I have jam...

If anyone has any pictures of a step by step to break down the AGM mp44 that would be great... I promise to make a youtube video of my breakdown as well to help others if anyone can help me out! :D