Ahhhh. The G&P.

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by chumbro, Sep 6, 2012.

1. chumbro

chumbro New Member

wilsonville
    After 7 months of Saving, I can finally afford a G&P!! Now, because G&P mostly only makes M4's that is my main option. But which one? :p Here are my options:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsnlq_qfiYw&feature=player_embedded#!

This gun is just... A Beaut. It's RIS looks incredible, the FPS is just in range, and the Two tone is a dream. It even comes with a AFG!!! My only concern is that stock... It's a good half an inch above the Iron sights. Granted I would buy a ACOG, or an EOtech to go along with it, but that seems like my only Concern.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/g-p-hong-kong/gandp-mk18-mod-i-dark-earth.html

Now this... Watta a babe. I love that it comes with an EOtech, and rail covers, and even a foregrip. I'm guessing that both of these guns have VERY similar internals, so Most of that isn't a concern. Now the iron sights, look... Meh.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/g-p-hong-kong/gandp-sentry-magpul-aeg-long-sand.html

My final option.. The Sentry <3. All of it is perfect. The outer barrel, the RIS, and the stock. However, it's FPS is a little too strong for my arena. Is there any way to tone down the FPS without messing with the spring or air compression?

Or should I just screw it all, and get the new Magpul PDR?

Thanks in advance for the input guys!!!

2. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    you can lower the FPS slightly by half pulling the trigger and compressing the spring and leaving it there. Ive seen on average about a 10-15 fps drop overnight and if it starts to creep back up, compress it again and you can leave it for longer if needed.
    If you plan on using a scope of some kind anyway, just get a riser also and the CTR battery stock cheek piece wont be as bad.
    The MK18 is a great size and the fact that it comes with the eotech is a plus. the Factory iron sights are absolute crap and would need to be changed out. The rear sight is the worst. The front sight is usable but a nice set of MBUS would look much better.
    They all have the same G&P reliable gearbox so there are no worries in that department. really it comes down to size and comfort.

3. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    Wouldn't that put unnecessary strain on the gearbox, especially the piston? Why not just clip the spring instead?

EDIT: Just realized he said without messing with the spring.

4. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    Here it's going to boil down to what you like the most, and what you want to pay.

If it were me, realistically I'd go with the sentry, just because it's cheaper and it looks so epic.

However, if they were all free, I'd probably go with option 1. That stock is just AMAZING.

Finally, keep in mind that when ordering from Ehobby, you're going to pay a bunch more in shipping.

5. chumbro

chumbro New Member

wilsonville
    But my dad and I have a deal. He pays for shipping, so I'm home free!

Most likely, I'm going to go with option 1, simply because it is also the cheapest.

Thanks for the advice guys!

6. Whiplashairsoft1

42 Wallaby Way
    Good luck. That stock is amazing :)

7. chumbro

chumbro New Member

wilsonville
    I thought the stock was kind of a downside...

8. Whiplashairsoft1

42 Wallaby Way
    Oh, sorry. I thought it looked amazing. I must’ve missed that sentence in your post….Tell you what. Buy a lower stock, and send the awesome one to me.

:D

9. chumbro

chumbro New Member

wilsonville
    Hahaha! But I would really have to buy a riser wouldn't I? I was planning on using a trijjicon (my uncle has connections to get me a real one)

10. Whiplashairsoft1

42 Wallaby Way
    It's up to you.....Moar Moniez ;)

11. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    You know that you can remove the cheek rest on that stock right.....?

12. chumbro

chumbro New Member

wilsonville
    But... The battery is in the cheekrest

13. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    They have different sizes of cheek rest.
    Either just get the smallest one for $20 or ask EHA if they can swap it for you.