Airsoft 101 G36c

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by ghos7face, Dec 14, 2015.

1. ghos7face

ghos7face New Member

Hello all, as you can probably tell I am new.

I currently own a g36c Elite HK Umarex off of Evike.
    I need help upgrading my gun. Everything so far is just a stock gun.
    Unfortunately when purchased, it did not come with a manual of any sort, so I can't be very specific about this gun but I will provide a link. As of now, the gun is clocking at 300-310 FPS using .2 bb and a 9.6v. I wanted to know if there's any kind of upgrade I can perform on this to bump the fps up higher but just enough to be under 350 (CQC indoors). I am looking for some top notch quality stuff, as my budget is quite moderate, but not too expensive. (but will keep the higher priced stuff in mind). If you guys can help, this would be phenomenal.

http://www.evike.com/products/51416/

2. measle

measle New Member

I'd say check the air seal, my umarex ump had a terrible cylinder and cylinder head. Though I believe you should learn to work with a gearbox sooner or later, I think the g36 has a quick change spring, like the ump. You might be able to get away with using a slightly larger spring.

3. ghos7face

ghos7face New Member

I know only a bit about the internals. About the spring, I'm not sure which spring would be better since I don't know what current spring is inside my g36c.

4. measle

measle New Member

A m115 or m120 would probably do. If you have some of the tools to do so, look up how to open a v3 gearbox and all the mods. With a QC spring, half the difficulty of putting it back together is already gone. It's pretty easy once you learn all the parts.

5. ghos7face

ghos7face New Member

I'm not sure if my internals would handle an m115 let alone a m120..since those springs boost up 350+ I'm pretty sure. It'll probably crack the cylinder no? I'm lucky it is a QC and I'm hoping to get some info about the gearboxes on this forum as well. :)

6. measle

measle New Member

It shouldn't be able to, they aren't incredibly powerful springs. And don't worry about the cylinder head, It wouldn't instantly break because of springs like those. The piston/head would go first anyways. And good, just remember the real problem here is probably the air seal on the cylinder and piston head. I was unable to get good air seal stock, so I had to use some spares from a JG gearbox.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  7. siegingpanda

siegingpanda Member

seattle
    Before you start throwing in springs, you should check the diy mods. (Stickied towards the top of the page) that will give you a good starting point. After you check compression, do aoe, and shim,(these are diy mods) you should see a noticeable increase in fps/ performance.
    -Tim

8. ghos7face

ghos7face New Member

Do you have any recommendations for cylinders and the Pistons?

9. ghos7face

ghos7face New Member

I will definitely check that out. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

10. measle

measle New Member

Not sure about pistons, but I've got a lonex cylinder before. Seems to work well. There's other brands that work too, as long as it has a good diameter it should work well (also get one that is ported to match the g36 barrel length).

But, before you buy one, you may want to get #14 o rings and put one on the cylinder head, it's possible it could just be that.

11. ghos7face

ghos7face New Member

So, try to find a cylinder diameter that fits my barrel length? which in this case is 240mm?

and for the O rings is for the cylinder head right

12. siegingpanda

siegingpanda Member

seattle
    Am I missing something? Why would he need a new cylinder? Pardon my ignorance

-Tim

13. measle

measle New Member

IF it is the same cylinder as my ump (which was a full, red aluminium one that I tested verses a stock jg brass one and it failed with flying colors) then he should get a new one, to fit his barrel length, although I mentioned to test compression (and maybe buy some o rings) before he spends $18 on a hunk of metal.

And ghos7face, yes, the cylinder should fit the barrel length (not sure which one that would be).

14. NeoAugAU-3G

NeoAugAU-3G Active Member

Las Vegas
    there are only two reasons you ever need to change cylinders
    1 it has a port in the wrong place to match your barrel length (there is a chart in the stickies if you arent sure)
    2 you cant get a good air seal with the one you have.

doesn't matter if the cylinder is steel or aluminum, i have had both work just fine.

15. ghos7face

ghos7face New Member

Thank you for this info. I shall test out this soon to see if there's any air leakage of the sort.

16. ghos7face

ghos7face New Member

Are the cylinders universal? Or I need to buy a specific for my specific model/gun?

17. measle

measle New Member

Most fit all aeg's. Just make sure it isn't labeled for an sr10/25, psg, or that it's a bore up cylinder.

18. NeoAugAU-3G

NeoAugAU-3G Active Member

Las Vegas
    bore up is something else. there are two sizes for aeg cyliders (length wise). there is the standard aeg size, and the long version. the long one is labeled psg1/g3/sr-25/or l85, sometimes r85... anyway its for the v2.5 gearbox that has a longer cylinder.

off topic but bore up is essentially a thinner walled cylinder providing more internal air space in the same size exterior. personally i never use these as you run into limitations on what cylinder head and piston you are allowed to use.

19. ghos7face

ghos7face New Member

Thanks for the heads up.

20. ghos7face

ghos7face New Member

Quick question, for the v3 gear box, any other v3 components are compatible with v3 no matter what gun?