Airsoft binary trigger (double tap trigger)

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by adas1223, Apr 1, 2018.

1. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    This idea came into my head: has this ever been done? if so links pls.

if youre not familiar with this trigger it technically is semi-auto, here's a vid:

fastforward to 2:16

Would this be allowed in semi-auto only games? i can see some restrictions.

My idea involves (m4 platform/v2 gearbox) ditching the semi-auto latch completely, therefore leaving any trigger contact shooting full auto. Now heres where a mosfet with burst-instead-of-full-auto comes in. slow down the burst rate to a single shot. you'd be limited to Safe and binary selection only.

hardest part is a custom trigger which brushes/makes contact on the pull stoke and brushes on the trigger release. you'd also need quite a responsive setup, especially if you can feather that trigger quickly.

hope this info ignites someone to try this out before i do!

2. Hangtight

Hangtight Well-Known Member

You'd need a programmable Mosfet that could accept an instruction to fire a shot as contact was made, and another as it was released/contact broken provided the previous cycle had completed. Its simple logic, but you'd need to talk to a manufacturer to get it implemented unless you're handy with electronics or coding, as the changed logic would need to be burned into the control processor.
    Although seeing as it's sort of the Airsoft equivalent of a bump stock, I can't see it being very popular with sites that have introduced semi only rules for safety reasons, or anyone on the receiving end of it.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    BOA_SP3CT3R and adas1223 like this.

3. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    The purpose of a Binary trigger is to gety around Full Auto Restrictions on a real firearm in Civilian hands.

There is No Need for this in airsoft. You can fire FA.

If you want burst. Just program a MOSFET to fire in Burst.

AirsoftRyan778 and adas1223 like this.
  4. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It's technically possible, but you can already achieve around 15 RPS, maybe more, in semi auto with a DSG and hair trigger.

5. adas1223

stratford
    yes there are already some fire control units which can do this as i mentioned. There are SEMI-AUTO only fields too
    You can still take single shots, just move selector to safe on trigger pull. not release. takes training. (compared to a DSG with proper training, which is safer?)

were talking about semi fields, and semi auto only.

There are DSG's yes, but im thinking of another option here. DSG's are high stress builds. Some airsofters even build longer triggers to walk the trigger like paintball.

6. Ten8DoWork

Ten8DoWork Active Member

Birmingham
    This is why fields start banning ****. People keep finding ways around the rules.

They implement a semi-auto rule to keep people from getting hurt. What is the purpose of a semi-auto rule if you can fire at full-auto ROF with your selector in "semi-auto"?

adas1223 likes this.
  7. adas1223

stratford
    yet DSG's can fire at a full auto rof. trigger walking can fire at great speeds too. You're right though, What is the purpose of Semi Only Rules, its airsoft for crying out loud. thats where you have to ask the ref's

8. Ten8DoWork

Ten8DoWork Active Member

Birmingham
    My opinion is the same for any method of increasing semi-auto to extreme ROF.

I'd bet that if players did not abuse full-auto ROF in the past, then most fields would still allow full-auto.

I think the ingenuity and creativity to achieve these high rates of fire is great and is good for the industry as a whole but when a player is intentionally looking for a loophole to a rule that is in place for safety, it's unacceptable.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    BOA_SP3CT3R and adas1223 like this.
  9. Topshotz357

Topshotz357 Well-Known Member

Drexelhill
    I like the idea and hate it since if we're doing semi only I don't wanna hear or see 30rps being fired at me like at paintball I hate that they let people walk the trigger I always complain to refs and say so if they can walk it you wanna tell me why I can't use my fullauto again since it's the same difference and normally the ref or owner let's me use fullauto after that even tho it's against the rules since it is thee same difference especially if they let walking the trigger plus burst fire

adas1223 likes this.
  10. adas1223

stratford
    also considering if their setup can even do 30 rps. your mechbox will be the limitation.

i guess some pros to a regular box (15-25 rps stock gb's) you will have less finger fatigue. You really cant go more than 25 rps if your box is even that responsive. you dont have to futz around with a semi-auto latch! thus improving trigger feel (shorter)

11. Topshotz357

Drexelhill
    Mine does 33rps but yeh I only use fullauto for suppression if your a gamer your trigger finger should be fast enough to fire in stimulated fullauto while using semi auto

12. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That's why I don't see the point in banning full auto and would rather just a ROF limit as it makes for fewer misunderstandings. They went semi only at a local field and started complaining that I shot too rapidly in semi-auto. I left and went to the nearby competitor field that has a simpler rule set and have stuck with them.

Topshotz357, BOA_SP3CT3R and adas1223 like this.
  13. Topshotz357

Drexelhill
    I'm cool with high fire rate so long as it's not from walking the trigger or some other trick if it's your finger props to ya