Airsoft Bow

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Weaponry' started by Expendable, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Expendable

Expendable Active Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Dallas
    I know there is already a thread on this but didn't want to thread jack. I've come up with an idea on how to make one, but I wanted to get some opinions first. Basically, it will work like a spring gun. The bow string is like the spring. I have an old shotgun inner barrel I'm going to use with an outer barrel of some kind. I'm thinking PVC pipe or just a shotgun outer barrel. When I pull the string on the bow, it pulls back a piston and compresses air in a cylinder like a syringe. I need to decide if I'm going to use a hopper and how, if I need to, use elastic bands to pull the piston back to the first position. I want to know if anyone else thinks it will work. Here's a diagram.

image-3938418873.jpg
    Ignore the hopper thing.

2. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    Even if you don't use any type of hop up unit, you will need something like an O-ring glued to the barrel. I will assume you want hop up, and therefore recommend that you grab a P90 hop chamber due to the top feed tube.

3. Expendable

Dallas
    I've changed the design. I will post it as soon as I can draw it in better detail. Give me ~1hour.

4. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

I had a similar design but, Mine was powered by just the string not even pressurized air.

5. Expendable

Dallas
    How well did it work?

6. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

It'll be intesting to see how this turns out. When you finish this.....make a Golden Gun(from The Man With The Golden Gun)

7. Expendable

Dallas
    That is one of my favorite movies... I'm going to see the midnight premier of Skyfall this week. Couldn't hurt to try to build a goldengun though could it?

8. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

It wouldn't hurt to see Skyfall, but after the disappointment(in my opinion) that was Quantum of Solace, my hope in the newer Bond movies is lost.
    I'd love to see a golden gun. But, If anything of the sorts existed, the price would make me vomit.

9. Expendable

Dallas
    The critics apparently liked it for a change. A cuff link, lighter, pen, and cigarette case is all that he used. Just saying. I'll definitely try to make one though.

10. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

You need to put a magical-rainbow powered TM hop-up in there too. Y'know, just saying.

11. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

All you will need for the bow is a Used bow, Hacksaw (to cut slit in barrel), Hop-up Patch, Some extra metal (for string catch), Drill for BB loading hole. The bow is single shot which makes it more realistic. It has a custom barrel. All you need to do is pull the string back and set it in the spring catch, and then load the BB and hold the string until ready to fire. Then release the spring which will push the BB out of the barrel into the Fixed (Or with a little bit of work "Adjustable") Hop-Up, Giving it back-spin as it exits the barrel. I like the Idea. Plus, Adjustable FPS which would make it a fun weapon for just having fun shooting. Play Hunger games, Something like that.

Attached Files:

12. Expendable

Dallas
    Yea... It might be awhile but I'll figure it out.

13. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

The post above your last is my design, just FYI.

14. Expendable

Dallas
    Nice, I like it. I may try both. Should be interesting.

15. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

Yeah. I haven't really gotten to try mine, But I've put alot of mind into making it. The only reason I haven't tryed it is because I don't have a barrel, Hacksaw, Bow, or Drill.......Or hop-up.

16. Expendable

Dallas
    I can see that as a problem... Lol.

Edit- here's the new design I'll go into specifics tomorrow.

image-2597462032.jpg

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  17. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

That is an interesting design. However, from what I see, I don't really know how durable you could make it. I can also see it being prone to jam often unless you manually load each shot. I'll have to see more to fully understand it I guess.

18. blackoutarmory

blackoutarmory Member

Orange
    hmm why not just use a real arrow =P

19. Expendable

Dallas
    I'd rather not get arrested for shooting my friend in the chest with a bow. Lol.