Airsoft briefcase bombs

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Southpawlegend, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    I have my girlfriend on the lookout for some old cheap briefcases to use to make some bombs for an objective game scenario.

It will take a second to activate for a semi realistic effect. Will be attach to a speaker that will say bomb armed and the countdown will begin

I'm going to hook it up all nice looking have a nice little count down read out.

2. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    If anyone is interested in me making one for you pm me

Any suggestions will be considered

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012

3. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

It sounds like it will be nice, but I would suggest you don't make them for other people unless they are within driving distance. You really don't want to mail anything like that.

4. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    That does pose a problem hmmm

Is there any way that we could get around this?

5. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    how about some pics and a description of the circuit/circuits you are using.

6. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    I don't have the parts at the moment. They're on my list for my next paycheck

7. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
  8. TheLost

TheLost Conductor of the Poop Train Supporting Member

Westerville
    You would have to send them in two separate boxes, just have instructions included maybe with a couple screws that say "use included screws to mount timer device into desired briefcase"
    Just make the timer, and sell those, let people use their own briefcases hah or if they really want a briefcase, mail it separately.

9. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    Not trying to get in trouble here lol

10. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    I plan on sketching up my design for this tomorrow going to the flea market for a briefcase / other items on Saturday

11. TheLost

TheLost Conductor of the Poop Train Supporting Member

Westerville
    I said separate them so you don't get in trouble lol. If you mail a briefcase with a timer... you're done for.. but if you just send like a stop-watch timer/countdown, you'll be fine.

12. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    That's not gonna be all that's in there I'm it's going to have PVC piping inside painted black or taped to look like pipe bombs wired up to a countdown with either a cheap number pad or just a on off switch/ key(number pad design will be more expensive because it will feature programmable keys that will activate / deactive it
    Excuse my grammar errors its alittle late for me

13. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    Just don't include batteries and mark the box with the words "novelty toy." It would also be a good idea to include a product description that states the item is a toy and is not intended for actual use.

If you're not sure, talk to your local postmaster, UPS and/or FedEx store manger, or law enforcement, any of them should know what laws apply and how to work within them.

14. Mel

Mel New Member

Marietta

I can imagine him selling one internationally and the customs department receiving the package.

15. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    Would novelty item or prop work better haha

Imagine if I put novelty prop stamped on the outside they'll open it see its fake and let it go

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  16. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    open an account with fedex or UPS and go over with them that you are going to be building and selling novelty props for use in scenario games for paintball and airsoft and for use in movies and pictures.
    DO NOT bring it into the Post Office or you will be shot haha but explain to them that there is no way it could be used as a real explosive and that the countdown will set off an audible alarm only.
    They may request to see it but you will have to sell it in pieces, possibly in bags with paper claiming naming it a novelty prop with instructions as they cant let things like that go even if proven to be a prop because of the legal restrictions.
    Build yours, make it as nice as possible but make sure you keep detailed instructions on how to build it. Or offer a video tutorial you can email to the buyer so they can follow you doing it step by step

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  17. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    Thank you very much that was very helpful. I will be doing so later this week.

Which would you suggest USPS or FedEx?

18. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    I don't think real bombs say bomb armed.

19. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    I dont think real bombs arent meant to harm people either whats your point? lol