Airsoft Care Packages

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by KDAalternative, Nov 20, 2012.

1. KDAalternative

KDAalternative New Member

Chipley
    at my local field down here in Florida, they restored in old helicopter and now they use it to drop off care packages. The care packages include food, waters, ammo, and sometimes even guns. they're not trying to be like call of duty type of guys, it just makes it more fun. What do you guys think of this?

2. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    Sounds cool, especially if capturing the drop before the OpFor does is an objective. What kind of heli?

3. KDAalternative

Chipley
    It's 1 of those small type of bubble helicopters, and they made it look like a military helicopters. They painted it an acu color and in the sidedoor there is a saw machine gun. They got the saw for $50 because it was broken.

4. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
  5. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    The only heli stuff they do around here is insert and evac which are cool. I wish you could repel but that requires lots of money and training and a license.
    How do they drop it? do they land put it on the ground and take off? or do they drop it with a chute and where it lands it lands?
    Are these milsim styled games where you are playing for 6-8 hours straight or is it just during random games?
    I love the idea of it being an objective to secure the "camera" that was ejected from the helicopter while it was going down or something of that nature.

6. KDAalternative

Chipley
    It's an MH 6 looks just like that

7. KDAalternative

Chipley
    It drops with a chute and it has cushions under it and these games last for almost the whole day sometimes and its milsim

8. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    I so frakin' jealous about all of that.

9. KDAalternative

Chipley
    Haha and sometimes they let us ride in them and I like to snipe out of it

10. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    i dont see how you can snipe from it considering prop wash throws REAL rounds out of whack... thats awesome though! where is this field located?

11. KDAalternative

Chipley
    It's in panama city florida

12. KDAalternative

Chipley
    Irk I've hit someone out of there with luck

13. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Dropping care packages? With food ammo and guns? From a real helicopter, for only day long game? With a real parachute, and potential to land on an unsuspecting player? Letting unlicensed people and kids sit in a helicopter and shoot plastic bb's out of a sniper rifle which would be horribly inaccurate anyway? Unless I get proof I'm calling BS on this one too. Thats way too expensive, and theres too many potential accidents the field would be liable for. Whats the name of your field?

14. KDAalternative

Chipley
    It's not a popular field and its called Highway 77 extreme paintball and airsoft

15. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Funny I'm on their website, I don't see any pictures of helicopters or anything mentioning it. You think that would be something they want to promote...hm...

16. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    well for starters he never mentioned licensed or unlicensed pilots, but as far as players allowed on board adn shooting from the heli, its perfectly legal as long as there are waivers signed and their insurance allows it. VT has a field that allows shooting with their rifles while being inserted or evac'd. Their insurance allows it and they have a licensed pilot so they do it. It costs money to ride the helicopter but I am willing to pay the $120 extra for an insertion or evac!

I cant speak about the care packages though because those could be potentially harmful if landed on someone

17. KDAalternative

Chipley
    They have a license pilot, and we we're harnesses in the helicopter.

18. KDAalternative

Chipley
    They also drop the care packages before the game starts or where people are not at.

19. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    Pictures or it didn't happen!!!

20. KDAalternative

Chipley
    You guys will have to wait for my next game there