Airsoft drone missiles

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Weaponry' started by Mikeinator, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    I'm not sure if a thread like this has been created before. Search doesn't work on the app. Anyways here I am to discuss an Airsoft drone. Basically, by drone I mean an extremely powerful nerf rocket launcher. My littlest bro got a nat. geographic "roto rocket" for his fifth birthday, and the design of the missile looks much like a drone to me, if it was white. Sorry I don't have any pictures. Anyways, this has a recommended "20" pumps, but with 50 it will easily fire 300+ feet pretty quickly. The only issue is that for "safety purposes" :D it only works if aimed at a 60 degree angle or higher, but it only took a day to get past that (start pushing the launch button when aimed appropriately, and once the button is pushed halfway aim at your unfortunate target). I put on a face-mask and took the missile and it had a good amount of force behind it. Then we then decided it could be converted for a recreational use in Airsoft, any ideas how? I have a few, but for a lack of time I have to leave this thread for you people on Airsoft society. Please comment or leave ideas or even post a photo of the toy since I am unable to.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  2. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    Is this it?

[​IMG]

Not sure if it would be viable or not.

3. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    Yep, that's it. The only problem is that my brother's one exploded into a million pieces within a week. Word of advice, don't overpump it just to shoot a bookshelf. Anyways, I felt like it could have been a great airsoft idea, especially since I had some ways to incorporate bb's into the missile. Now I occasionally make new missiles for it to see which is the best and airsoft appropriate.