AirSoft Eye Protection

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Indy, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy New Member

Lewisville
    Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys could help. I have a pair of Shades, that when I bought them, the lense said "Shatter Proof" on it. Would you trust it? It feels and seems strong, but I wanted other's opinions too. Thanks! Also, I am new to this so please dont harshly criticize me. Thank you!

2. VTMZ

VTMZ Active Member

Paducah
    A fully sealed pair of goggles would be highly suggested instead of a pair of shades.

EDIT: Forgot about the ANSI rating that Jake talks about. Make sure it's ANSI rated.

3. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Don't where anything that is not ANSI rated z87.1 or stronger

4. Grudge

Grudge New Member

Winnipeg
    Shatter proof mean if you drop them they shouldn't bust and have all the pieces fly all over the place. That doesn't mean that little pieces wouldn't. SO think of it this way: how much glass or plastic shards do you want in your eyes?

NONE!!!! If it doesn't have an ANSI Z87.1 or better rating it doesn't matter what it says on the package!

5. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    This. Never wear things that are not meant to have tiny objects penetrating it at high velocities. Even if you play with kids with cheap springers, its just not safe.

Also, OP, you should make an intro post :p

6. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

The only shades I would feel comfortable wearing for airsoft are my oakleys. That being said, I do not wear them as they are not full seal. Get yourself a pair of the Arena Flakjaks, probably the best pair of goggles I've ever owned.

7. Indy

Indy New Member

Lewisville
    Yeah I have goggles, but they are buldgey and fog. yes i probably spelled that wrong. Deal With It. And thanks guys!

8. Raptor282

Raptor282 Active Member

Manassas
    Some might deal with the spelling errors but around here the mods won't. Just FYI might want to edit that.