Airsoft for money??

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by MikeyBugs95, Nov 8, 2012.

1. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    Im just wondering... Are there any airsoft teams or tourneys or competitions where you can play for money or where you get paid for playing airsoft?

2. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    No, it's for the fun of it really. If you have a sponsorship, you can get some discounts and free stuff but you don't get payed to play.

3. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    yes there are...
    this saturday at Elite Ops Airsoft is a team competition, $500 cash prize. it's the 3rd event.
    my son and daughter's teams are playing. i can't remember if it will be simulcast on the net like previous ones.

[​IMG]

4. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    As much as I like the concept, I don't think it could be executed very effectively. More people would be likely to cheat when there's prize money involved.

5. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    CQB @ 400 fps, no MED. just look for the blood spots.
    everyone uses .25g

i ref'd on the previous one and players generally call their hits when they are being shadowed by a ref.

6. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Even better. Full auto allowed as well? Sounds like an intense game.

7. Zak17

Zak17 New Member

Daughter huh? Lol jk.

8. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Active Member

China Grove
    Dude don't mess with Alex, if you haven't seen his wall,then just walk away lol.

9. champo98

champo98 New Member

My CQB field is 400 full auto with a 10 ft "bang bang" rule. Surendure. Most people only use .2 though.

10. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    depending on the size of the field, refs are very intimidating and cause less cheating. If the field is small enough where 3 refs can oversee everything, people generally call all hits . I know a place around me they use 4 refs, one on either end walknig around, one in the middle walking around and one at the objective if there is one, if not they walk around the middle as well.
    This creates for much less cheating.
    You can play for money and prizes, I am holding a team comp and individual comp in the next few months.
    all objective based and timed, bracket style play for the team comp. Winner will get a prize, not sure yet what though.
    The individual comp will be a shooting range for rifle and pistol transition. basically you clear the room with your pistol and shoot targets at a further distance with your rifle and then transition back to your pistol. This will create a harder game instead of just running a rifle or pistol.
    That will be timed and scored and best time and best score will win a prize (if you get both you get both prizes)

11. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    At my field the refs walk around with cameras. The video tape gameplay and well if you get caught not calling hits look on the website after a few days and you will probaly see yourself not calling the hit...

As far as the OPs question goes there are a few events that have cash prizes but they are few and far between. At my field they had the annual pistol / rifle shooting competition and winners won a AEG / Gift card / something else but no cash.

I should also mention getting paid to play airsoft is different from winning a cash prize. As far as I know there is nothing set-up where you get paid to play.

12. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    Yeah. What i meant by "getting paid to play" i meant both getting paid to play and cash prises. Sorry for confusing text.