Airsoft GI Custom guns

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by xBURRx, Sep 16, 2012.

1. xBURRx

xBURRx New Member

I'm thinking about buying the G4-18 or the vfc m4 e series. The G4 is 20 dollars cheaper than the Vfc and it has RIS plus a crane stock. The Vfc has a higher FPS but no RIS or crane stock which one should I get?

2. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

The FPS doesn't matter much. But the VFC is still much much much much better. I've had nothing but trouble with G&G and GI custom guns and VFC is one of the best companies out there. You can put those external upgrades on later but for shooting go for VFC

3. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    You want the VFC. No doubt, no question. AirsoftGI makes their custom guns out of G&G Combat Machines and minimum upgrade parts. Also, FPS is not a factor you need to consider when buying a gun.

4. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
  5. xBURRx

xBURRx New Member

Thanks, I think I'll go with the gun you reccomended but man that RIS is wierd.

6. mvsrocks

mvsrocks New Member

7. stat226

stat226 New Member

Limerick
    Just get the vfc as said above. I have had multiple problems with my G4-18. I had to replace the motor, all compression parts, and bucking. Now it is finally performing amazing.

8. mvsrocks

mvsrocks New Member

Combat machines don't really come all that great. An ICS or King Arms would have been a MUCH better choice. There is a whole bunch of things I don't like about a Combat machine.

9. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    A whole bunch of things YOU don't like about the combat machine. Opinions are opinions.

10. Scarred

Scarred New Member

Get the VFC. A fight between a Combat Machine and a VFC is like a fight between Chuck Norris and Pikachu. Pikachu may have lightning but Chuck Norris killed Hitler, Osama Bin Laden and James Bond with only his little finger.

11. mvsrocks

mvsrocks New Member

Ya I know. That's why I used the word, "I". I could have just said, "There are many things wrong with a combat machine".

12. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    But then again, the motor is crap, piston is crap, cylinder head is crap, bushing are ehhhhhhh, gears are crap and the screws are on the wrong side of the gear box.

Oh and, the gear box is CRAP.
    Even when it's pre-radius'd, it still cracks under moderate stress.

13. mvsrocks

mvsrocks New Member

That was about everything I don't like about a Combat Machine :p. I like their plastic bodes though

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  14. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    You only missed one thing but you kind of got it when you said the gearbox is crap, and that is the wiring and wire job is crap.

15. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    And the barrel and hop chamber? lol

16. mvsrocks

mvsrocks New Member

The barrel and hop up are just "that G&G barrel and hop up", nothing special or anything.

17. Nelson

Spokane
    Haha I'm actually a fan of there hop up units, even though they are plastic they work fairly well for a stock hop up, an I put g&g greens in a lot of my guns if I don't have madbull blues at hand

18. llvllaRk13

llvllaRk13 New Member

19. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley

lol really?

Interesting.....

20. Nelson

Spokane
    That would explain the price...and the abs body