Airsoft GI G4 Eagle 13"

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Duke, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke

Duke New Member

Looking to upgrade from my King Arms m4a1 ultra grade to something with rails and blowback that's accurate enough to serve as a DMR. is the Airsoft GI G4 Eagle 13" a good choice? Any
    Help or advice would be great thanks!

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    I have a King arms ultra grade m4 and I can tell you a combat machine is in no way better so I wouldn't advise getting that. If you want more accuracy get a tightbore barrel and a better bucking. I recommend Madbull or prommy barrel and a madbull bucking.

3. Duke

Duke New Member

I've had the ultra grade for about a year and a half now and the gearbox consistently gives me issues and I'm happy with the accuracy and the lack of rails has become an issue and I have a desire for a blowback system and g4 custom is based off of a combat machine but is custom build by the GI staff

4. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Custom built means externals not internals and what kind of issues? lack of rails can easily be made up for by buying a RIS and getting a peq box. That and a madbull barrel with a bucking will get you a much better gun then that CM and be much cheaper.

5. Duke

Duke New Member

Mostly trigger functionality, gets carbon buildup pretty much weekly, wirings pretty bad as well, and the stock internals aren't the greatest quality. The g4 has upgraded internals as well the CM body,trigger assembly and wiring, and motor are the only consistent parts, gears, piston and cylinder, spring, spring guide etc are all upgraded

6. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Huh that's interesting my m4 hasn't given me any problems yet but ok. I don't believe that the CM has any internal upgrades can you please show me where it says that?

7. Duke

Duke New Member

I talked to one of the techs at Airsoft GI and asked what they do to the guns to be able to call them custom

8. Duke

Duke New Member

If your m4 has a hesitation between when you pull the trigger and the firing or if you have to pull really far to fire it has a carbon buildup

9. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Hmm hope your right with the tech thing but I really think if they did internal upgrades they would mention it on the page.

10. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    You can fix that carbon buildup by buying a $5 item from a hardware store I believe (cant remeber what it is called atm). Either that or instal a fet.

11. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Carbon build up.....because someone doesn't have a FET and the MASSIVE arcing did that.....
    Even if you do get the ASGI gun you'll still have that problem....

Those ASGI custom M4s are just M4s with nice looking external, that's it, they don't do anything with the internal.

Blow back will f up your compression/consistency/accuracy all at the same time.

King Arms AEGs have some of the better internal out of all stock AEGs.

Getting the G4 = downgrading.

You just need someone to tune the gun and put in a MOSFET.....

12. Duke

Duke New Member

I have a friend who's willing to sell me his Echo1 Licensed Barrett Rec7 With a fet already installed for a good price. Is this a better choice? Also what kind of tight bore should I install if I get the Barrett?

13. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    The BEST choice for you is to just upgrade the King Arms on your hands....

14. stat226

stat226 New Member

Limerick
    OP just listen to EDI. Why get a new gun when you can upgrade the one you have? Obviously you have the money since you were going to buy a new gun. Just get a Disguised Enemy (Airsofter) fet for $15 and any other desired upgrades.

15. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    You know while the end justifies the means in this thread I have to say I did also tell him to upgrade before EDI.

16. TornadoAirsoft

TornadoAirsoft New Member

Yes you are correct ............(20catfish

17. Duke

Duke New Member

Replaced trigger assembly, mad bull 6.03, reshimmed and installed a MOSFET upgrade complete

18. Duke

Duke New Member

Hey mods this threads irrelevant now, can you delete it please? Thanks!

19. Death_by_turtleZ

Death_by_turtleZ New Member

I have the g4 eagle "13 and it is great. Accuracy is awesome rate of fire is awesome too. Not to bad of a price for what it's worth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.