Airsoft Gun Manufacturer Overview

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by rileymccann, Oct 11, 2012.

1. rileymccann

rileymccann New Member

Long Beach
    So, this is one of the questions that I wanted answered when I was looking to get my first good gun, but had to research the hard way. I hope this post helps you guys as much as it would have helped me...

And if this isnt the place for this post, just tell me where to put it.

No matter where in your "airsoft walk" you are, whether you are twelve years old looking to buy your first non Crossman gun, or wether you are an experienced airsofter that is looking for the gun that will support your game play type, chances are,you don't have the time, money,experience, resources, or patience to research every last contender for your next gun. I am not goung to do that, but I am going to try to guide and educate you on what to look for in your first gun.

This post is different from this one:
    http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f88/things-consider-when-choosing-airsoft-gun-25822/

It is recommended with all AEGs that you re shim, re lube, and correct Angle Of Engagement (AOE)

I reccomend that you read the post in the above link as well, it is very informative and helpful.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This post will be originated on AEGs, but I will eventually add in a GBB and spring part too

JG: good for the price, but when compared to the higher price ones they just can't compete. They are an ideal base for a project build.
    Recommended for: BEGINNERS and PROJECT BUILDS

Echo 1: similar to JG, but slightly upgraded compared to them. They are good if you want to use them stock, but are not good and have a bad trade in value for a project build.
    Recommended for: People who want to do little or no upgrades to their gun

King Arms: great mid-ish priced AEG, competitive while left stock. With a little upgrades they can be very solid guns
    Recommended for: good for any player type with some upgrades to increase it's longevity

ICS: Competative while left stock, solid internals and externals, well known for for the innovative split Gearbox design
    recommended for: Players wanting a great price/performance ratio

A&K: I have no experience with their aegs, but have heard that they measure up very competatively to JG
    Recommended For: Beginners, and custom builds

Dboys: while my Dboys scar shot pretty hard and had 10,000 + rounds through it without many problems, it's attention to detail had room to be desired. It's ROF was awfully low though.
    Recommended for:Beginners and intermediate players

CYMA: they make great AK's but their m4 guns are similar to most other Chinese rebrands like Dboys and such.
    Recommended For:Beginners and intermediate players.

VFC/ SOCOM GEAR: socom guns are custom VFCs with madbull externals. They are my favorite manufacturer because of how incredibly realistic the externals are, and how little upgrades you need to run them. If properly cared for, VFC guns will last a very long time. There are some faults too. VFC guns "self shimming gears" work good, but not perfectly, and the wiring should be replaced. G&P, Classic Army, and G&G are also competative with them.
    Recommended For:High level players who want outstanding quality and reliability, as well as realism

G&P: great externals, solid internals, an outstanding rate of fire, and they come stock with good wiring and deans connectors. The piston strips easily, and the motor has no torque, so good for cqb, not ideal to pull back anything over an m110 or maybe even an m100.
    Recommended For: high level players who want an internally and externally sound gun for a bit less than a VFC or CA

Classic Army: unlike the sportline version, the CA proline (metal) guns are very good. The externals are more realistic than G&P, but the internals are not quite as solid. They are still good though.
    Recommended For: people who want a high quality gun that can be built on to, and good realism

G&G: the g&g prolines are slightly lower performance than the others in the price range, but in my opinion they come with one of the best motors. If you rewire them, and the usual tune up, they are great guns too.
    recommended For: People who want a solid high quality gun

the above is an analysis of the V2 gearbox makes per company,(m4, scar, so on)

More is coming very soon, I just wanted to put this out there to see if people find it useful or not.
    If I missed some companies tell me. I will be making a post similar to this one to have everybody with the " what is the best gun" question

I hope that helps,
    questions, comments, concerns,input, recommendations? make sure to tell me, after all, I don't know everything, nor do I want to.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  2. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    Saying JGs can't compete and echo is upgraded is misleading, amoung other things.

Top tier performance can be achieved with a JG and a given upgrade price over $50 easier then any other brand I know and the same given price. Echo is rebranded with possibly a downgrade motor. However QC and sellback are pros- but you need to know the actual gun so you're not buying a POS rebranded. KA is externally good for the price but internally not so much. A&K is just plain bad. Dboys scar and CYMA AK/M14/MP5s are all great upgrade platforms as well as beginner guns.

These are just my opinions.

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    this is going to start some problems with some people. There are good and bad to every company and you cant really say anything about the overall company. Some people love their G&G and other hate them. Other say JG is the best way to go over a VFC of G&P. Guns are rated on peoples personal experiences rather than an over company. Just because you had a crappy gun or didnt like your G&G doesnt mean that my G&G that lasted over a year without a single upgrade hitting 345 every shot with .25 was a crappy gun.
    Echo1 is just a DBoys re-branded is another thing I hear all the time.
    There truly is no way of going about this without finding the haters. for each brand.

Lets jsut stick with JG and G&G are best beginner and project brands and VFC, G&P, KWA and ICS are the better overall brands.... I think that would be the easiest. everything else is in the middle as "okay" brands
    I have owned 2 G&G, 1 CYMA, 1 JG, 1 KWA, 2 G&P, 2 ICS, 3 VFC, 2 Echo1, 1 DBoys, and 1 A&K...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  4. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    Well, saying KWA is one of the best overall brands causes a problem in itself. Better techs will disagree. Also, your stock G&G doesn't hit out to 345ft with ANY BBs.

5. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    I think he means 345 fps consistently.

6. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    I actually never mentioned Ft. so your right, my G&G didnt hit 345 ft. My G&G would hit ~125ft.
    And I know a couple of techs and myself, I like to Tinker. Yes, KWA is proprietary but I also never mentioned that they were part of the greatest guns to upgrade. I listed them as one of the top brands to buy. A few of them will agree that they are very nice guns and they own them. They are a great gun to own. Their biggest downfall is the proprietary aspect. There have been polls on this forum as well as numerous others that show the top brands in peoples opinions were the 4 I listed.

7. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    I understand what the OP stated, but the manner of which it's presented in is quite misleading and could be the reason for lots of confusion.

8. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

I am so mad.... Y U NO INCLUDE THE GRANDPAPPY OF ALL AEGS, TM....

9. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    There's a lot he didn't include though.

10. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

But...TM is our grandpa.....why does everyone forget about grandpa!!!(jk)
    Yeah, but at least he covered most of the ones the main retailers here in the US carry.

11. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    Myjg g36c definatly conpetes with higher priced guns. I get nore kills with a 15 rps jg than my team does with a 30 rps set up lol

12. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    TM is awesome for those guys who are afraid to open their gun or send it to someone else, but other then that it's kinda meh. Good hopup though.

13. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    That doesnt mean anything though, Ive seen a little 14 year old kid with a spring pistol get more kills in the first 10 min than some kids with full auto aegs did a whole game. Thats about skill and ability, not the gun

14. rileymccann

rileymccann New Member

Long Beach
    True, I did kind of downplay JG and a&k, but if I don't downplay them then they are going to buy them and expect similar performance as a a king arms and upwards.

15. chumbro

chumbro New Member

wilsonville
    This post need Buster... Seriously, have you even seen Busters Signature?