Airsoft gun not feeding correctly

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by TehNoobzPwner, Jun 16, 2013.

1. TehNoobzPwner

TehNoobzPwner New Member

Richmond
    My gun is only feeding upside down. When I put it rightside up, with a high cap in, it will shoot 1 BB then I have to wind it. With mid caps it doesn't even feed. Sometimes the magazine doesn't even stay in the gun and it will just drop out. Is this a hop up problem or a mag catch problem or what? It isn't the magazines because in my regular primary it works perfectly fine.

2. badger_1

badger_1 New Member

sounds like a hop up, so have you taken the hop up out and inspected it? I assume this is an m4.

3. TehNoobzPwner

TehNoobzPwner New Member

Richmond
    Yes, this is a Dboys M4. No I have not yet, since the Dboys has the allen key screws and I don't have the correct size. Hopefully this is just a hop up problem.

4. badger_1

badger_1 New Member

sounds like it, of you're mags feed fine in other guns we can rule out mags. Is it having any other problems? When you dry fire, does it sound normal? Final question, when you take the mag out I'm of the gun, are there less bb's in the mag?

5. TehNoobzPwner

TehNoobzPwner New Member

Richmond
    Yes, it sounds perfect. And yes when I take out the mag there is less bbs probably because 5 drop out every time. The gun is perfectly sound, except for that one problem.

6. badger_1

badger_1 New Member

hmm, interesting, well it's definitely something inside your hip unit? You could have a jammed bucking, there's a chance that your magazine is feeding but all the bb's are backing up into the gun, when you shake it around does it sound like It has bb's inside?

7. TehNoobzPwner

TehNoobzPwner New Member

Richmond
    No, the gun sounds quiet. But about the problem about my mags falling out, I tested my mags and 12/13 fit in without falling out. The one that doesn't is a King Arms mid cap. It works fine in every other gun, but not in this one. I even tried tape around it, and it still comes out.

8. badger_1

badger_1 New Member

Then that could be your mag catch, or your gun just doesn't like ka mid caps, my gun doesn't like a&k mags, it's just how some guns are :/

9. TehNoobzPwner

TehNoobzPwner New Member

Richmond
    Alright, so to conclude I guess, my gun has a dumb hop up and doesn't like King Arms mid caps. Got it. Thanks for your help. Within the next week or 2 I am going to GI Tactical and going to buy a Prowin hop up with a G&G bucking.

10. badger_1

badger_1 New Member

g&g green bucking equals good, No experience with the gi tactical, but gi's guns are decent, and the prowin chamber it seems people have mixed emotions about, but more are good than bad it seems

11. TehNoobzPwner

TehNoobzPwner New Member

Richmond
    Ya, on some facebook forums a lot of people recommend the prowin. And GI Tactical is awesome. I was just there yesterday.

12. badger_1

badger_1 New Member

So I've heard about the prowin. Every company has its lemons I suppose :) and I'm glad you're excited about it.

13. ZaCkOX

ZaCkOX New Member

Bakersfield
    Mag catch is what holds the magazine. You should inspect that piece. If your gun loads upside down it means gravity is helping force down bbs while the magazine is held into position. You should be able to turn the gun right side up and do the same. Make sure the magazine is straight. Try pulling it back and make sure it locks into place. If it doesn't fix the mag catch.