Airsoft guns on airplanes.

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by NikkoPico, Dec 15, 2012.

1. NikkoPico

NikkoPico New Member

Can you take an airsoft gun on a plane? And if so would it have to be a certain size?

2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    You most definitely could. EDI and I were talking about mounting a gearbox, m240 box mag rigged up to a m4 chamber and hop up. You'd need a big wingspan and done speed to keep it in the air, though. A powerful prop as well.

3. NikkoPico

NikkoPico New Member

No I meant a commercial passenger plane.

4. wippyt

wippyt New Member

Hager City
    By on a plane what do you mean.

5. NikkoPico

NikkoPico New Member

A commercial plane. If you take a trip somewhere you get on a commercial plane. i didnt know if you could with an airsoft gun Because security is so strict.

6. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    I think you'd have to take it through the security business, and have it in a security gun case, that's approved by (Some three letter initial, I don't remember) And probably in the back of the plane. Maybe not, but I believe this is the procedure for real weapons.

He means the planes that you travel on vacation. Delta, NW, US.A, etc.

7. NikkoPico

NikkoPico New Member

We are planning on going to Haiti or brazil and me and my brother are airsoft players so we wanted to take then with us.

8. wippyt

wippyt New Member

Hager City
    Ya. I was typing when he said a commercial plane. You can take a real steel weapon on so I would assume you could by following the procedure for a real steel weapon.

9. bob19922

bob19922 New Member

Old bridge
    Just contact your airline they should be more than happy to inform you on how to safely transport your airsoft gun, also check Brazil's laws on airsoft to see if they allow airsoft guns.
    edit: or Haiti's laws wherever you are going just check out what their laws are on airsoft guns.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  10. NikkoPico

NikkoPico New Member

Thanks a lot. We hope we will have enough land to play there.

11. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    ...Before you worry about the airplanes how about looking up the airsoft laws in the country you go to...

12. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    Actually, as long as you tell the TSA, guns can be checked luggage in a hard shell gun bag. All other accessories, besides gas can be brought carry on as long as you tell TSA.

13. NikkoPico

NikkoPico New Member

Yea I know. I don't think Haiti has any but brazil does. A freinds cousin plays airsoft in brazil with his team.

14. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    ...why does this seem like a horrible idea. .

15. bob19922

bob19922 New Member

Old bridge
    I already stated that. (SNIPED)