Airsoft Keymod handguard installation help

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by ggygyu5641, Feb 20, 2016.

1. ggygyu5641

ggygyu5641 New Member

Hong Kong
    Hello, So i have installed a new airsoft keymod handguard but the problem is that the barrel is not straight anymore any help/ideas? I have taken a lot of time to actually align it when my barrel does not align (I was horrified when i found out) so I would prefer that if any could tell me ways that i can fix my barrel by not removing the keymod again. Keep in mind that my keymod does not have screws to adjust my keymod handguard. thanks. links to pictures of keymod: [​IMG]

2. ERICTHEROJO

ERICTHEROJO Active Member

chicago
    Does the barrel wobble now? Or is it just crooked?. The problem I had was the barrel nut wasn't tightening a the way, and the barrel was loose. You might want to put a #14 o ring on the base of the barrel, then tighten it down.

I'm afraid there may be no way to fix it without removing the keymod.

3. ggygyu5641

ggygyu5641 New Member

Hong Kong
    The barrel is just crooked and it but the keymod is aligned perfectly. Was this something that happend when i was installing it or is it going to happen with every keymod barrel? And if I buy a keymod from another company that is not from the same company in which i bought my m4 from will it always be in the center or not?