Airsoft Licensed Guns? What DoesThis Mean.

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by streetkilln, Aug 2, 2012.

1. streetkilln

streetkilln New Member

2. Jacgren

Jacgren Member

Katonah
    It means that Cybergun put the "real steel" logos on the gun and reboxed it. The gun is no different than if it wasn't licensed.

3. streetkilln

streetkilln New Member

i see but why them of all people lol

4. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    And why does it matter? The gun is still a G&G.

5. philsaudio

philsaudio New Member

Atlanta GA USA
    The real steel gun licensee gets paid off from the toy gun licenser so the licenser can put the licensee's trades on the toy gun that the licensee had nothing to do with other than provide a physical design to be cloned by a knockoff factory in the form of a toy gun.

6. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Cybergun is just a licensing company. They don't make guns. They do about the same as Echo 1.
    They sell everything from low Crossman quality to high KWA quality and evreything in between.
    Don't knock it til you research it.

7. streetkilln

streetkilln New Member

i understand now i just didnt understand why a different company had to license the gun

8. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Money. That's basically it.
    Cyber already has licensing agreements with many gun manufactures. These agreements are not the easiest to come by. So instead of a company (for example JG) going through all the negotiations, hoops, and yadda, why not contact Cybergun and say "I'll allow you to put your name on my gun and JG as a sub-name IF you agree to add trades to the gun"

Cybergun makes money simply stamping letters and numbers on a gun and selling it, JG makes money because their guns are selling, and the real steel manufacture makes money because Cybergun is paying for their licensing. So everyone is making money in the end, so everyone is happy.

9. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    with the FNH lawsuit, the shape of the gun is now copyrighted and requires a license to copy.

10. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    I agree on the point of Cybergun being a ****** company. I regret buying a Cybergun AK47.

Don't get me wrong, it's a Cyma 028 rebrand, and it's a good gun, but I regret doing so because Cybergun has some truly unfair and unethical business practices with their trademarking of airsoft terms in several different countries. They had the nerve to trademark things like "Hopup", "Tokyo Marui", and "Maruzen" among others in many European countries. That prevents the actual companies from importing their product to sell.

They even got Echo 1 kicked out of Shot Show 2012 because of their MK16/17 replicas.

11. philsaudio

philsaudio New Member

Atlanta GA USA
    Not much different than the football, basketball, baseball, hockey jersey you get at the mall. Someone is licensing that logo to the shop owner or his franchise.