Airsoft m14....which one?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Ian5538, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Ian5538

Ian5538 New Member

I have seen that the top 3 contenders are the TM, G&G, and CA. Most people say CA is crap. The real discussion is the TM or the G&G. When I search for threads on this I find a pretty even split (some say G&G way better than TM vise versa). I will be upgrading into a dmr platform. I am not getting the EBR because I like the m14 with the plain setup other than a scope. I ask my question on airsoft society because I find that the people on here are honest and knowledgeable (however blunt they may be ;) )

Thank you all for your honest opinions :)

2. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    Cyma. I'm about to get both socom and the long version one for me one for my gf. (The long one is wrapped till the 15th)

3. Ian5538

Ian5538 New Member

What are some of its features compared to the others?

4. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    It's cheaper and easily upgradable but it's only going to run you 140$

5. Ian5538

Ian5538 New Member

I rather get a G&G or TM because of my own paranoia

6. Griffin213

Griffin213 New Member

Get the G&G. I had the SOCOM version and it worked very well

7. Axis

Axis Active Member Supporting Member

I would get the CYMA personally. It's only $140 and compared to the G&G, there's not really much of a difference.

Now, if you want to get a better external body, I would go for the G&G veteran M14.

8. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    G&G and CYMA both make great M14 variants.
    I'm typing from a mobile device so I can't go into detail.
    Stock, both brands have great quality, especially for the money. Both are build quite well. Both can take a drop just fine. CYMA's M14 has been on the market for years and has definitely proven itself, where as G&G's M14 is a bit newer but still something to be reckoned with.

9. Star_folder

Star_folder Active Member

Lexington
    The G&G M14 was actually the first M14 on the market, yes, even before the TM M14, which means it was long before the CYMA M14, a TM clone.

As for which M14 you should get...

G&G G&G G&G G&G G&G G&G G&G G&G G&G G&G G&G G&G G&G G&G G&G G&G

The TM version 7 is considered the most difficult gearbox to disassemble, and for good reason. The G&G M14 is incredibly simple, not too unlike a V6 gearbox. The trigger system is a regular ol' trigger system, the TM is more complicated than a crazy gf. The G&G also takes v2/3 gears, not v7, one more thing that makes it a bit easier to upgrade. Now, the only "funky" thing about the G&G is the bevel and spur gears have 7mm bearings, while the sector gear has 8m bearings. These bearings are all pretty strong for most builds, I've only killed a set when I did 13:1s and an M150 (surprise, surprise). Externally, the G&G wins again, for one reason, the hop up. The TM style hop up has to be adjusted from the mag well, which means you have to remove the mag, unless you've got some tools to turn the wheel for you. The G&G's hop up is under the bolt catch, a much easier to get to location than the TM.

Now, one more difference externally, the TM's body is a bit thinner than the G&G's body. I've been told that the G&G's size is more realistic than the TM's, but I don't know for sure. I don't really know how that effects things, they both weight the same, it's just a slight cosmetic difference.