Airsoft M4 stubby build help...

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by SeargentMango, Sep 17, 2015.

1. SeargentMango

SeargentMango Member

kingston
    Can someone please give me a general list of what parts (no specific brands) i just need to make a checklist of what to get. all help is appreciated!

2. Patriot76

Patriot76 Active Member

inb4"we don't spoonfeed". I'm partially joking, this should be pretty straightforward, in essence just an M4 with a shorter inner/outer barrel. I guess if you wanted you could also toss on a RIS and maybe remove the stock.

3. Dinkey03

Dinkey03 New Member

Land O Lakes
    If you shorten your inner barrel, you must port your cylinder accordingly.

4. DreadCo526

DreadCo526 New Member

Sylvester
    There is no information given to go off of, i could give you a list of good parts but first i would need to know:

-what are your goals?
    -what gun you have?
    -what is your price range
    -are you upgrading internals? or customizing externals?
    -why no brands? thats the most important part of the information
    -what is your teching experience?

you have to give us something to go off of.

5. SeargentMango

SeargentMango Member

kingston

I just need the physical parts. Once I know
    What parts I need then I move on to the brands. I just need to know what parts are required to build
    It. I have an upper inner barrel and rail system. Buying the lower and the gearbox today.

Teaching experience is Low. I have no budget. I work by the paycheck I get every week. My goals are to build the gun. I have guns but this is being built from scratch. Feel free to suggest brands.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2015
  6. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    OP, the problem is that you're not really giving us enough to go off of here.
    Though your last post did help, there are still some questions.

For starters are you building the gun from the ground up or modifying an existing gun?
    What brand is the lower?
    GBB or electric?
    where are you planning on housing the battery, if the gun is an AEG?

Think of it this way, you just walked into an auto store and said "I want sound in my vehicle". That simple sentence doesn't allow us to help you at all.

-mobile device-

7. SeargentMango

SeargentMango Member

kingston

I'm building the gun from the ground up
    It's gonna be electric. Idk where to put the battery besides the stock. Not sure the exact brand of the lower. I'm deciding between a few right now.

It's an APS lower and a JG gearbox

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2015
  8. theonlyBuster

S. Florida
    Patriot76 & Dinkey03 summed it up for the most part.
    You have the lower and stock, you just need an upper receiver of your choice, a stubby handguard, and short inner barrel and hop-up assembly.
    Also as mentioned, you should get a ported cylinder gearbox so you don't have compression issues.

Honestly, unless you've already started buying the parts, you'd be better off just buying a whole stubby M4. Many players have done the math and unless there's something specific you're looking for on the gun, you're typically better off buying a full gun right off the shelf. The JG Stubby is only about $150 retail, though I'm sure you can likely find it even cheaper if you put in the work.

-mobile device-

9. DreadCo526

DreadCo526 New Member

Sylvester
    Like he said, it is much cheaper and easier just to buy a good base model and then upgrade it as you wish. I still dont know if you are trying to build a gearbox or buy a prebuilt one? Did you want a list of external parts or internals?

10. SeargentMango

SeargentMango Member

kingston
    i just looked iut up your right. So if anyone wants to buy an uper ora barrel let me know

11. theonlyBuster

S. Florida
    There's always the classified section OR you MAY be able to return the items to the retailer. Though they may tack on a restocking fee and return shipping MAY be on you shoulders :-/

12. SeargentMango

SeargentMango Member

kingston
    a few parts i bought used but other than that ill just resell