Airsoft Megastore Scavenger Hunt Sale

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by ghostreconassault, Aug 21, 2012.

1. ghostreconassault

ghostreconassault New Member

Hey, can anyone tell me when they think the M4 will go up for sale today on their scavenger hunt sale

2. BravoZulu

BravoZulu New Member

Fourteen minutes ago.

3. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

Sometime from now until 7...

4. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    lame, i had a link to their dye i4 suppose to go on sale for $10 today at 10am PST (1 pm my time). clicked on my bookmark and the page redirects to the scavenger hunt crap... bait and switch. where's the unlike button.

5. Arkyd

Arkyd New Member

What is this entire scavenger hunt thing?

6. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Basically Airsoft Megastore had a significant discount on a few really nice and useful items. I mean things that typically retail for for $200 were down to $50. But you had to find them on the website in order to take advantage of the sale. Most everything in the hunt was sold out because - well they were at exceptional prices.
    But it is over now, and has been for a few days.

7. rich635

rich635 New Member

Los Angeles
    Actually they cancelled it prematurely due to the hate they were getting over the first day Blackwater. However, some of us think it was a huge scheme just to get traffic, since now they're not even sending the buyers of the Blackwater their guns, instead they offered two crap guns to choose from.

8. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    They had a lot of probems so they cancelled and are giving some people "swag boxes"

9. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    bait and switch... lamers

10. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I think it is safe to say that most of the people on this thread will not be ordering from them again.

11. hammerhead

hammerhead New Member

Niceville
    And the conspiracy plot thickens. Nice. Probably just a gimmick to get our attention.

12. ghostreconassault

ghostreconassault New Member

Got that right, going to focus on Evike.

13. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh

But I have never shopped at AMS, but I know evike is pretty good. I really hope AMS doesn't pull a switcheroo on all of the customers who bought during this sale...

14. hammerhead

hammerhead New Member

Niceville
    Think they already did. Gave a choice between crap and worse crap

15. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    I know I'm reviving the thread, but here are my AMS results of the sale...

I called them the day after it was taken down. After being on hold for 30 minutes, I reached their customer service who was unable to answer most of my questions. She told me it was all part of the marketing sector of AMS, and that she was not in the loop, and that I could find out by following them on facebook, etc. I asked her if that's how they communicated with her, and she got defensive but was still unable to answer my questions. The final answer I got was that so many people refreshing the site caused the servers to crash, so they took down the deal (she also said that it was in part due to getting more in stock, and I asked why the products weren't even on the site anymore, and never got an answer apart from "follow marketing"). All in all, I'm never using AMS again.

16. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    constant refreshing doesn't cause sites to crash, that's what ISA servers and web caching are for. from all this bad publicity, it wouldn't surprise me to see the head of marketing get fired. it was successful in increasing web traffic, but it also lost many customers in the process. they will notice a substantial sales drop.

17. hammerhead

hammerhead New Member

Niceville
    AMS is probably one of the worst examples of customer service. You know anyone who purchased something from them and had them try and change what they ordered can sue them for false advertisement. Just saying. I would sock it to em for the way they misrepresented their sale and then began turning what they had agreed upon by offering a lesser product than advertised

18. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I am never going to buy from them again. Neither will my friends.

19. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    My friend got scammed by them.....

20. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

What happened. Please go into detail.