Airsoft Megastore

Discussion in 'Company Reviews' started by Expendable, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Expendable

Expendable Active Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Dallas
    From my time on here I've learned quite a bit about the sport/hobby that is airsoft. But, I've also heard all of these stories about how bad AMS is/was. I figured it was time for me to write my own review about my experience.

What I ordered-
    JG M4 S-System
    3 HiCaps (dumba*** decision)
    BattleAxe HiCap winder ( another stupid choice)
    5000 KA bbs
    AIM Sports Red Dot
    2 Point sling
    POS foregrip
    AN/PEQ 2 battery box

Packaging- 9/10
    Processing speed- 9/10
    Human Resources- 7/10
    Prices- 9/10
    Free Stuff- 10/10 ( Shipping plus a plastic MP40
    Website layout- 9/10
    Warranty- 10/10
    Selection- 6/10 ( No TM and small selection of good pistols)

OVERALL- 8/10 or a B+

My friend, pitviper, and I did a different joint purchase of a battery, bbs, and something else (can't remember what). We had another good experience. Not going back to them though. Due to my time here on AS I've found several much better websites to purchase from.

2. chanyangel14

chanyangel14 New Member

Conshohocken
    I'm against AM now. I won one of their contests where they randomly chose a fan to win one of their "swag bags", and all they gave me were 5,000 bbs and stickers... I'm still grateful I won and for what I got, but really? They couldn't give me something a little better, like a tshirt or poster or something? I'm just kinda peeved. When I tried to speak my mind and tell them of my complaint, they didn't send any email whatsoever even to just confirm that they have received/read it. I sent the email three times over 2 months. No reply to any.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012

3. Kopis

Kopis New Member

I just hate how the name everything "ultra tactical m4 heavyweight tacspec full metal with tactical flashlight and scope" they are clearly preying on younger players but its kinda polluting the sport.

4. chanyangel14

chanyangel14 New Member

Conshohocken
    Agreed. Also, my "bag" came in an envelope. It just aggravates me that they couldn't do better. I used to recommend them, but now, I tell my friends to stay away.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  5. Expendable

Expendable Active Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Dallas
    I haven't even gone back. Did a little digging and learned I could have got everything I ordered of of ASGI for $30 less. :/ Just ordered from ASGI but there hasn't been any interaction. So... No review... This time...

6. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    my take on AMS. decent selection, quick shipping, decent customer support, & they will ship here (Virgin Islands) through the P.O. the only down side i have is that i can do an order on-line. because of where i live and their on-line system not recognizing the territory. other than that i have no issues with them. a phone call and within a very few minutes my transaction is complete and i have a confirmation e-mail just minutes after that.

now Evike, GI, & Splat are a PITA to deal with, outrageous shipping, and beyond crappy customer service. your mileage may differ

just my $.02 before taxes

7. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    I would rather have 5,000 bbs than a stupid AMS t-shirt...

8. chanyangel14

chanyangel14 New Member

Conshohocken
    It just bothers me that they couldn't give out more. They can't spend more than $10 on one of their supporters? Seems really cheap and selfish to me.

9. Duke

Duke New Member

So you're irritated because you didn't like the FREE stuff you got?

10. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

If Airsoft Megastore has the stuff I want for the least amount of money, I'll buy from them. However, I infinitly prefer AirsoftGI because (1) the reviewers seem like they know what they are talking about, and (2) because ASGI doesn't treat us like we are LPEG backyarders.

11. chanyangel14

chanyangel14 New Member

Conshohocken
    If you would've read my other posts, you would've seen that I stated that I'm grateful for what they gave me, but slightly disappointed they couldn't do better.

12. Duke

Duke New Member

I understand where you are coming from, but I think you should focus on the free bbs, not the shirt you didn't get. I think that's the reason you haven't gotten an email back, you may have come across as irate and ungrateful. But hey your life not mine, just my 2 cents!

13. Ghost55

Ghost55 New Member

Piedmont
    I just recently purchased 2 King Arms Colt licensed M4's and Acog....within a hr I had my tracking info, hour and a half later I got the email saying shipped. Took 4 days to get it here and all was good.

14. garyk7

garyk7 New Member

Birmingham
    Have had decent and bad experiences with the site. Probably wouldn't recommend it though.

15. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Active Member

Meadville
    Never dealt with AMS, Evike for life, but I might try AMS sometime, juussst to check them out, just buy some BBs or something cheap

16. Delicious_Pho

Delicious_Pho New Member

Houston
    Actually ASMS has a pretty decent selection. Somehow they got some shipment of flyye industry gear and other places like asgi don't sell flyye industry gear. But I have to agree they have pretty poor promos and free items. One time they gave me a razor for things over 100 dollars or something but a good coupon code would be much better like ASGI's 20 percent off and 3 day select shipping.

17. Applesauce123

Applesauce123 New Member

Overpriced flyye gear. Much cheaper overseas. Even if you add shipping from overseas you are still saving a lot. AMS just should have a going out of business sale and quit. They will probably try to scam people in the out of business sale too.

18. mikejosephman

mikejosephman Janice, I'm falling. I'm stuck. This hurts. Staff Member

Medieval England
    I have gotten a few items from Airsoft Megastore. Mostly just extra mags and accessories. They have decent prices on some things, but somewhat weird pricing for other things which are yes, discounted other sites for different reasons. They could be a bit more competitive and take business from evike and asgi if they wanted to, especially on shipping.

19. Delicious_Pho

Delicious_Pho New Member

Houston
    True, ASMS is overpriced on stuff but I'm surprised that they somehow got Flyye gear. Their coupons and events are pretty lame too like over 100 dollars you get a free 5 dollar thing or something. ASMS also over exaggerates on their products like the diamond tactical stuff 600D stuff is "ultra grade rugged". You can really tell that they are trying to gear towards cod kids with the "ghost mask" thing free over a certain amount of money. They really scam people though saying guns are more expensive somewhere else but I have never seen a peice of crap 600D pc for 90 dollars that is smaller than a textbook. Worst of all they have their own weird brand called diamond tactical that only makes stuff for them so now people can't compare prices with other retailers.

20. LosTRecoN

LosTRecoN New Member

Well I bought a gun on Sunday night this week, when should I get it, tomorrow?