Airsoft Motor upgrade. Fatal Mistake?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by legendairsoft, Dec 8, 2012.

1. legendairsoft

legendairsoft New Member

HEMET
    I purchased a g&g Full metal cm 16 raider for 250$. I bought a matrix m100 spring, a tight bore barrel and a G&P m120 High speed motor. By installing This motor will i wreck my gun? please help.

2. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    G&P M120 motors perform well for a *ferrous magnet* motor. However, G&P motors in general are known to throw windings once in a while.

The M100 spring was probably a waste, since they aren't very high quality and your G&G was probably shooting around 330 FPS stock anyway, but I could understand buying the M100 just so you could be sure.

What brand/tightness/length was the tightbore? I recommend MadBull or Prometheus, anything else is either a waste or just not as good of a value.

How your gun handles the M120 motor and M100 spring will depend a lot on what battery you use. Pushing the rate of fire faster than about 22 RPS (rounds per second) probably isn't a good idea.

3. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Did you buy the parts already?

Because the spring will only bring it up/down to 350-360 fps.

What kind of tightbore? Like Silent said.
    Other then Madbull and Prometheus: I can suggest Lonex, Guarder, KM, Deep Fire. and Systema inner barrels. All varying between Madbull and Prometheus barrels.

Depending what battery you're running, I wouldn't suggest a G&P M120 motor at all.
    If you did buy it, stay with a 9.6v battery and under.

Like "Silent" said, keep it under 22 bps. Or... You won't be a happy person in a little while lol.

4. antizombie

antizombie New Member

wausau
    To answer your question. No that motor will most likely not break your gun but it would be hepful to know what battery you are useing

5. legendairsoft

legendairsoft New Member

HEMET
    Thanks for all the help! im just putting in the prometheus barrel! i tried my luck on the 12-12-12 BOA from evike. Tanks again

6. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    Actually, for his parts, a G&P M120 would be wonderful. A G&P m120 will last forever in a tuned gun if the spring is M110 or under, and will run quickly, especially on lower batteries, and very cool and efficiently.

7. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Hmmm, :/ really? I have so many burnt out ones from just a battery change to 11.1v LiPo's (any)

I've had them die in a Japan Tuned gun :/ That's.... Not good lol.

I think I suggested 10.8v batteries and lower in my post. If not, I am sorry. As I have said the same thing like 10 times in other treads on the G&P M120 Motors lol xD

Don't get me wrong, they have their purpose.

Edit:
    Sorry Mystery. I guess I didn't say lol.

8. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    Yes, they'll run fast, cool, and efficient, but you're right, they can't handle stronger batteries. If I use a G&P M120 it's with an M110, or lower and a 7.4 25c <2000MaH, it'll last forever in that setup. Kind of like a TM- if you put a 11.1 and a M120 in a stock TM it'll break, but if you run it at low performance it will last forever.

9. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    M120 is nice for a ferrous magnet motor, but it's still obsolete. If you want cool and efficient, stick an HT ferrous armature (such as an EG1000) into a neo magnet can.

Bottom line though, is like anything, if it truely meets your requirements, then that's all that matters.