Airsoft Philanthropists

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by androcider, Apr 3, 2016.

1. androcider

androcider Member

rexburg
    Are there any Philanthropists on here that would be willing to help me get my field off the ground??? I have been having issues securing funding to get my field and store going. I live in a college town where there is not much to do and airsoft would be a big hit. I have managed and ran fields and stores before but my backer and partner got transferred to a military base across the country and we had to shut down. Also any other ideas to get funded are more than welcome

2. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo
    I'd try contacting businesses and your local government, instead of just philanthropy, offer them something in return; give them the option to invest in your field. This way you can get your field off the ground as well as make them some money too.
    Or you could probably get a loan from a bank.

3. androcider

androcider Member

rexburg
    I have been trying to get this funding for a while now. Does anyone have any new ideas?

4. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    There are a few ways to take this, but rather than inundate you with information, it may be best to hit this from another angle.
    As you're in a college town, I'm led to inquire if you're a student at said college?

Also, just so it's said, generally building a field, you're going to (at best) break event. That is to say, after you pay the taxes on the land, build it up, make it safe, install amenities and facilities for the players and staff, and insure it, you'd be lucky to break even throughout the year. This why most fields also have Pro Shops either on the same land as the field or not too far away. The shop is where you make money, specifically selling gear, repairing guns, and selling second-hand guns. And on top of that, most field owners don't really get a chance to fully enjoy their field because most of their time is spent maintaining and taking care of public relations.

Though if you're a student of the college, there's another angle you can attempt to hit this from.

So tell me, are you a student at the campus?
    Do you have a team?
    Is airsoft big in your region and is it growing? ie how active and what age is the airsoft community in your area?
    Are you in good standings and willing to take out a business loan?
    Do you have any well established local stores in your general area (including paintball-airsoft stores)?
    Do you have any paintball fields in your general area?
    Does your city/county or a relative local region allow for airsoft field in the area? <-- This is OFTEN a breaking point. Even with tons of active players this can lead to a losing battle.

There are more questions, but I'll start here as what happens and what is said next is dependent on the answers to these questions.

-mobile device-

5. Rune

Rune New Member

Mesa
    I dunno man, if you're having issues getting funding (I read that as inability to get a loan) from a bank or other place, it really makes me not want to throw money at X_xrandominternetguy99x_X

6. covertslayer

covertslayer New Member

Aurora
    Especially when he does little to explain why we should throw money at him.

7. Steve116277

Steve116277 Member

North Alabama
    A bank or other loan entity is gonna require a strong and detailed business plan.

8. androcider

androcider Member

rexburg
    So tell me, are you a student at the campus? My wife was but has graduated.
    Do you have a team? teams in the area rotate as semesters rotate
    Is airsoft big in your region and is it growing? ie how active and what age is the airsoft community in your area? Airsoft is fairly strong in the area, there is a field about 35 minutes away that is in disrepair and has other faults but attracts everyone as it is the only place in the area.
    Are you in good standings and willing to take out a business loan? My credit was destroyed in the military after i left a base and contracts i cancelled were kept open and went to default. I have been fighting these for 3 years.
    Do you have any well established local stores in your general area (including paintball-airsoft stores)? There are multiple local stores including walmart and big 5.
    Do you have any paintball fields in your general area? Yes
    Does your city/county or a relative local region allow for airsoft field in the area? <-- This is OFTEN a breaking point. Even with tons of active players this can lead to a losing battle. Yes

I do have a strong and detailed business plan.

9. Rune

Rune New Member

Mesa
    My point was if you can't get funding for a business from places that provide funding for businesses, in my eyes it removes all legitimacy and trustworthiness .

10. androcider

androcider Member

rexburg
    I fully understand what you are saying and it has been the major setback I have been trying to work through. I need to find someone that I can get to know better and develop a relationship with and become partners with to be able to get this store and field of the ground.

11. Rune

Rune New Member

Mesa
    Fair enough. I'm not sure if that will work out if it's not someone local, but it makes sense. Good luck. :)

12. androcider

androcider Member

rexburg
    Thank you, I am in the process of looking for someone. Any continued help would be much appreciated.