Airsoft RPG Project

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Weaponry' started by Ghengis, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Ghengis

Ghengis New Member

Howdy. I could use some advice from Airsoft Society's sage masters of the plastic bb. I am planning of constructing an RPG to fire soft foam targets for milsim application. I have plenty of PVC laying around, all I need to know is this... what would ya'll recommend for propulsion? I would like to avoid outright combustion if at all possible.

2. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood New Member

Inverness
    An external/internal gas tank... compressed air or something I dunno, whatever packs the biggest punch.

3. EastCoastAirsoft

EastCoastAirsoft Member

Harford County
    I have seen many kinds of RPGs for airsoft, they all used compressed air and one even could use the 12gram co2 capsules.

4. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    In my opinion, the best and safest method of propulsion for a foam rocket launcher is the Madbull PB4 Green Gas shell.

Most big formal events will not allow a launcher unless it is powered by an airsoft M203 shell.

5. Funkytownman

Funkytownman New Member

My team's "cannons" use compressed air, but we regulate the PSI. OP like pix? :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Paladin

Paladin New Member

Nice "cannon" Funky!

I'd just slap a tank of compressed air on the side, put a bunch of bb's inside some sort of (thin) foam thing, and somehow make the bb's fly everywhere when it hit's an object.

Sorry I can't be of much help, I just honestly wouldn't know how to design / create this sort of thing.

7. G36fanatic...

G36fanatic... Supporting Member Supporting Member

Boulder
    My friends and I thought of using model rockets covered by a shabo(sp?) in some PVC pipe. You could fill the end of the rocket with BBs instead of a parachute.

^^^ that is a fire hazzard, but so are real RPGs

8. layzerboy4

layzerboy4 New Member

lol and it would hurt if it hit you head on lol but good idea :rolleyes: me and my friends tried a powder one lol we where soo stupid lol( for the sake of your own sanity dont ask what happened) lol ya air compressed is your best bet on one end put like one of those things that are on the bike when you air it up and put one of those on the back so then you can air it up with a regular bike pump :D i have used this for other stuff but never a launcher :cool: good luck show us a pic when you start making it ;)

9. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood New Member

Inverness
    Funky that thing is a beauty lol.

10. Funkytownman

Funkytownman New Member

Lol they work surprisingly well :D We're going to use them as antivehicle when we do our WW2 op :)

11. willstab

willstab New Member

lol im dieing to see an instructables on one of those lol

12. Funkytownman

Funkytownman New Member

And what are the odds indeed! I'll be building one in these next few days (to shoot candy at lil children this saturday lol :D) I'll make a how-to :)

13. willstab

willstab New Member

thanks i cant wiat to see :D

14. layzerboy4

layzerboy4 New Member

why are you going to shot candy at kids :confused: thats mean ....... can i come!

15. Funkytownman

Funkytownman New Member

lol i'm student body officer at my high school :p As such, during major parades we throw candy and water at small children. I thought i'd add a little... "twist" to the "throwing" candy part :rolleyes:

16. Ninjew

Ninjew New Member

:O now that thing is damn scary, wouldent want to end up at the wrong end of that in a game!

17. Funkytownman

Funkytownman New Member

Lol funny story behind that actually! We were playing attack and defend, and my battle buddy and i couldn't tell whether this person was on our team or not.
    We were totin one of these bad boys, and decided to shoot first ask questions later. Well... we totally missed the dude with 100+ BB's (i'd like it to be noted that I wasn't the one aiming :rolleyes: ) but it scared the shizzle out of him :D

18. guitartilldeath

guitartilldeath New Member

Sacramento
    thats a sick looking rocket launcher/rpg. did you make it yourself? and the compressed air, is it from an oxygen air compressor or something like green gas?

19. Funkytownman

Funkytownman New Member

Lol this particular model i didn't make by myself... Then i made one and totally FORGOT to take in-production pix lol (sorry will :( But hey my friend's makin one too so i'll take pix then fo shizzle :) )

It actually uses a Shrader valve, which is the type of valve on your average bike or car tire, so you can use a bike pump or an electric air compressor :D

20. Vegas

Vegas New Member

Funky, I assume from your little story you fire BBs, what kind of range do you get?