Airsoft silencer

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by fruyoops, Aug 16, 2012.

1. fruyoops

fruyoops New Member

I am currently trying to make a home made silencer. Ik its not actually going to work like a silencer. But i want it for looks. I plan on attaching it to my pistol barrel. It does not have threads to attach a silencer so im trying to figure out how to attach it effectively

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Last I checked, "Ik" wasn't a word, "i" should always be capitalized, and all sentences end with some sort of punctuation, typically a period. This is better, but come on, these are basic errors. This isn't a chat room or a text message with your friends. "Ik" in place of "I know" just isn't acceptable.

3. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Ehem, what Knief said. Also, I would measure the diameter of the flash hider itself, and when you go to making the surpressor then take that length into account. I have no personal experience with this, since I own a spear, shield, and sword so I cannot try it.

4. fruyoops

fruyoops New Member

Dude, chill out and answer the question. Please.

5. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Who are you talking to? If you talk to a mod like that then this can turn into a temp ban. I already answered so I believe you're talking to a mod this way

6. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Dude, follow the rules or don't ask the question. I'd say please, but I don't want it to sound like a request. If you took the time to write the question properly the first time, you'd probably have like, three or four decent answers already.

7. fruyoops

fruyoops New Member

I would like to attempt to create a airsoft silencer, but my only problem is that i am having trouble attaching the silencer to the small barrel of my pistol. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you

8. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Ya got lucky on that one. I never get lucky( I get lucky all the time). But whatever. You may have to custom fit your barrel to the "silencer"

9. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Have you tried searching youtube ? I know when I need help with something that is one of the first sites I go to.

Anyways as far as materials go, I suggest using PVC piping. You can find it at your local harwear store. Length and width of tubing is your choice. They have tons of adapters so Im sure you could find one that you could use to attach it to your barrel. All you have to do after is get some spray paint and paint it to your liking.

10. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    Bigger question is, what gun/pistol are yout trying to attach it to?

11. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Beat me to it. On top of that, links would be exceptionally helpful

12. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    I tried this once, but I never got the silencer to fit the end of the barrel. I tried it on a Walther P99, but to no avail. If you don't want to take it off ever, then you could do what was already said with PVC and glue it to your barrel, and use boiling water to take it off. Some cheap Asian sites have silencers which can be purchased and shipped for under $10, and look much better than doing it yourself, all in all it depends on budget or personal preference.

13. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    You aren't lucky the mods just aren't morons.
    Edit: meant just aren't morons.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  14. Raptor282

Raptor282 Active Member

Manassas
    I'd be careful if I were you...
    Edit: I didn't see your edit when I posted :D

15. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    I was like oh god oh god don't ban me before I post this.

16. Raptor282

Raptor282 Active Member

Manassas
    Hahaha. I guess YOU were lucky in this instance!

17. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    When making a homemade suppressor for your pistol, remember to make it thin enough that way you can still aim down the sights. I would use pvc for both an outer, and inner tube.

I would tell you to drill holes all over the inner tube and stuff the space between the two tubes with cotton, but that would make your mock suppressor illegal lol.

18. Raptor282

Raptor282 Active Member

Manassas
    Wait how would that be illegal?

19. Knief

Ann Arbor
    If it can dampen the sound of a real gun by a decible for one shot, the ATF considers it a suppressor, and you need the proper license to own it. It's a ridiculous law, but there it is.

20. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    Well then. I guess potatoes are illegal.