Airsoft Society's Cookbook

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by Sharp, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    Just thought I'd drop the thread with a few of the random things I"ve come up in the kitchen. Don't know how many of you are culinary inclined. I have three to start, my morning sandwich, Tex Mex Skillet, and some chili dip.

Warning, if you die from any of these it's not my fault, all of them are a tad....filling and manly.

Morning Sandwich

What you need:

- 2 slices of Bread (any really, I just use regular Sandwich bread)
    -Butter
    -Garlic Powder
    -Olive Oil
    -Bacon (any type, I like the stuff from my local deli but the prepackaged stuff is good enough)
    -Eggs
    -Cheese of your choosing (I prefer cheddar or American for this particular recipe)
    -Misc. cooking utensils, pans, microwave, oven, grill, etc.

This is basically similar to what Wendy's has (though I came up with it first :p). It's Texas Toast with eggs, bacon, and cheese.

To start, preheat the oven for 350F. Take a baking pan and coat it lightly with olive oil. Next you want to take your bread and lay it in the pan. Next your gonna want to take a bowl, fill it with a bit of butter (half an inch from a bar) and an almost excessive amount of garlic powder. Take the bowl, microwave it until it's melted. Once it's melted, you want to evenly spread onto both bread slices, I use a brush. Once the oven is ready, stick the pan with the garlic/butter coated bread (garlic facing up) into the oven and let it go for 4-5 minutes.

While the oven is prepping/bread is cooking, you can begin to make your other ingredients. You can fry up some bacon, I prefer 5 pieces but I'm a bacon enthusiast, so you can deviate on that. If you don't know how to do this yourself...google it, it's pretty straight forward.

While your cooking the bacon, the oven should be done, simply flip the bread over and cook it for another 2 minutes to broil the whole thing. Once that is finished, flip it over once more so you're garlic side up and throw down a slab of cheese and let it go for another minute or so. All of this is on 350.

Once your bacon is done, you're gonna want to crack your egg. You can use one or two, I personally like one. You just want to prepare it sunnyside down. If you want it up, that works but the yoke is gonna split while your eating and all the baby chicken juice is gonna leak.

Once your all finished you can slap it together (garlic/cheese sides in) and you have your sandwich. Usually I rip the bacon slices in half if it sticks out the side of the sandwich.

For you health trolls, you can go add your fruits and veggies if you choose, then you'll have practically every food group on one sandwich.

------------------------------------------------

Tex-Mex Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper/Velveta Cheesy Skillet

Ingredients:
    - Hamburger Helper/Velveta Cheesy Skillet box
    - 1/2 lb lean ground beef
    - 1 can Rotel
    - Cumin, Salt, Pepper
    - Bag of "Mexican" 3 cheeses, grated.
    Tools:
    - Large Pan
    - Measuring Cup that can hold at least 2 cups of water
    - Can Opener

Instructions:
    Basically, you're going to follow the instructions as they are presented on the boxes. Except for these changes:

Take the ground beef out of the packaging and place it on a cutting board. Season with Cumin, Salt and Pepper.

Open up can of rotel, but not entirely. Leave enough for you to move the lid and squeeze out lime and jalepeno juices. Squeeze these juices into the measure cup, get as much as you can out of there. Fill up the rest of the measuring cup with water until the amount of liquid equals the amount called for by the recipe (probably about 2 cups)

After you have started to brown the ground beef, stir in the remaining tomatoes and green peppers from the Rotel can into the pan.

From here, follow the instructions on the box (Add everything, stir it in, turn down the heat, and let it simmer). Once the liquid is just about gone, sprinkle in a good helping of grated mexican cheese on top of the pan. Stir it an let it melt in.

Serve and enjoy a hamburger helper with a little bit more kick.

Consider these other additions to the dish:
    Extra Lime Juice: A little bit of extra acid.
    Cilantro and Garlic: A little bit of extra flavoring to the whole dish. Cilantro will need to be very finely chopped.

----------------
    Chili Cheese Dip:

Okay, this is off the top of my head, I barely remember this recipe but it was my favorite back when I gamed nonstop for days on end.
    What you need:

-small can (can't remember the size, it's small though, fits in the palm of your hand, have to use a legit can opener to open it) of Hormel Chili/whatever chili you like

-Pepperjack Cheese chunk (not sliced)

-Philadelphia Cream Cheese, don't use -blam!- Roundy's stuff, it's -blam!-.

-Cheese Grater

-An Oven

-Pie Pan
    ----------

Instructions:

Spread the cream cheese (the whole thing) into the bottom of the pie pan. Pour the chili on top and spread evenly. Then, grate the cheese (as much as you like, I just like to be able to evenly coat the top with a single layer of cheese) and cover the chili in a beautiful cheese blanket. Bake the thing at 350F til done.

Boom awesome dip, best served with potato chips (wavy for best chip holdage).

------------
    Sorry if the last one is really vague, I cook differently every time, just using the basics to help mix things up. Best thing to do is experiment til' it tastes good to you.

2. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    This is pretty much what the Food thread is for.

3. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    I found the food thread to mostly be people talking about what they ate, hardly any recipes. You're the mod though, feel free to kill this thread so you choose.

4. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Alright, then. You may keep your thread, young man! :D

5. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Well I have dairy allergies and I tried your morning sandwich. Well I almost died. But seriously, cool thread.

6. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

PB&J
    Master Chef: Mockingshot
    Prep time: 2 minutes

Ingredients:
    2 slices of wonder bread
    Jar of grape jelly
    Jar of Peanut butter(smooth)

Directions:
    1.)Lay both slices of wonderbread on counter.
    2.)Grab butter knife and spread peanut butter across one slice of bread
    3.)Use the same butter knife and spread equal amount of jelly across other slice of bread.
    4.) Combine bread slices and munch.

Phillie, mine won't kill you.

7. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood New Member

Inverness
    We do actually have a thread for exactly this, it's just in the Members Section.