Airsoft Technical Education book

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by echo1 vmg-74, Oct 22, 2012.

1. echo1 vmg-74

echo1 vmg-74 Active Member

Richmond
    Anything like this been done before? Im thinking about writing one. With sections like basic fundamentals, diagnosis, repair, tools, basic electricity, testing and so on.

I think it would be cool to do, not looking to do a book per se but .pdf document would be a good start.

I first thought about it looking at my automotive tech book. I think this would be a clear, and informative approach for learning.

Tell me what you think, if anyone is intrested and would like to help that would be awesome.

I was thinking of an organization similar to this, just to give some ideas to you folks

http://www.g-w.com/pdf/sampchap/9781590709566_ch01.pdf

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  2. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    I've seen a few people try it in the past.
    Problem is that there are multiple gearbox types and configurations, and new things coming out so often.
    It would have to be VERY basic and an elitist or "know-it-all" should NOT do it. General, traditional topics should be covered, that is to say no R-hop or fluted barrels.
    It's definitely doable though

3. echo1 vmg-74

Richmond
    thanks for the reply.

4. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    This. I couldn't write a book, I'd go off into a tangent about yes, R-Hops and fluted barrels, amoung every other thing I can stuff in. Someone who is a better writer or less of an elitist could definitely do way better.

5. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I'm definitely elitist so I wouldn't be a good a candidate to write it xD.

6. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    i tried to put onetogether awhile ago, but beyond certain basic information, it starts to fall apart. Once things begin getting into detail, the need for technical knowlege, industry correct terminology, and other precise information bogs it dwn. Another issue I found is getting people's input. You get some who are willing to share but do not know much more than the basics and others who are real experts but unwilling to share even basic informaton.

The purpose for my endeavor was to create a basic upkeep and general maintenance manual to give customers who come to me for gunsmithingwork.

7. BCkid

BCkid New Member

I can be the artist of it. I can make doodles or figures of guns, people holding airsoft guns, ect

8. TornadoAirsoft

TornadoAirsoft New Member

I'd try it. 20 Iranian protesters

9. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
  10. echo1 vmg-74

Richmond
  11. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

I think you should make a thread and have everyone contribute!

12. echo1 vmg-74

Richmond
    This is it haha........

13. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Oh didn't realize :p my b!