Airsoft UAV?

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by broadsword, Dec 28, 2012.

1. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
  2. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    Its preeetttyyyy. Lol. Sounds like a good idea... Sounds interesting. Ripped right out of a movie (or a video game).

3. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Yeah shees real purty. Yeah i always get my inspiration from movies. Im just wondering about functionality.

4. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    If I saw that thing come at Me, I'd do my best to bring it down. Just sayin'.

If you make the field add some rules to avoid that it would be really cool, though.

5. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Yeah thts what I had in mind a well. I was planning on my brother not playing (like he normally does) and then just calling them out to me and my team. Its a really good idea

6. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  7. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    Yeah, this has been talked about before. It always starts the debate of whether or not to shoot it down. In my opinion it would be a dick move to shoot at a £278 RC Helicopter but the field could have rules about that.

8. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

Hang a target and of they hit it its got to go to you or base

9. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    If I were playing milsim I would not have a problem shooting down any kind of UAV.

10. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

I say a RC plane with a camera.would be better(only there for a little while and never still)

11. SandmanOperations

SandmanOperations New Member

Edmond
    Being Milsim, UAV's fly way above your head and in the real world a SAM would have to engage it.

I say, play like its a real UAV'S where standard assault rifles cannot engage it

12. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    Won't stop some people.

Has anybody else read the other thread? It goes over stuff like this.

13. kobsauce

kobsauce New Member

What are u going to use it for

14. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

Scouting over trees and hills!
    Get info for your team and you

15. kobsauce

kobsauce New Member

I would buy a camera that could relay everything back to u

16. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    Not all UAVs. Take the Skylark for example it is about the size of a large RC plane and does not fly nearly as high. Although it has the ability to soar high in the sky, the camera used for surveillance restricts the user from effectively being able to see its target. Therefore, keeping it well within the range of infantry fire.

17. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    The UAVs that your thinking of are types like the MQ-1 Predator, MQ-9 Reaper (formerly the Predator-B), and the RQ-4 Global Hawk. All of these and many more can fly above the range of small arms fire. But these are very, very big aircraft. With wingspans over 100 foot long. The UAV's that the OP is talking about are drones that can fit in your backpack and be launched in minutes. Now these can be shot out but many times you'd be too focused on advancing or on the mission that you'd never notice the drone watching you. And if you do notice, it's be very hard to shoot it down.

18. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    I would use it for scouting and I could let our sniper run it for extra overmatch if hes board. But I can have it be relayed to me as well. I could run an ipad in my PC lol

19. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    I agree that this does fit in the classification of backpack launched drones. Those fly within range of small arms fire. I do think that a field would make a rule about not shooting it, but it wouldn't last long because theres always going to be "that one guy"

20. kobsauce

kobsauce New Member

I've seen one used as a drone and it worked good against the other team if it quiet and u can sneak it around it would be amazing but if It gets spotted game over